View Single Post
Old 17th August 2005
BS.Player Newbie

khon is an unknown quantity at this point

here's what i found out up to now: i wondered why it worked for you and tried to figure out the difference. so, at first i tried a movie with mp3 streams. this didn't work neither. then, i changed the directory to "." and put the bsi file into the folder with the movie files - surprisingly, that worked!!! and it worked with ac3 streams, too. well, it nearly worked. now, i could choose the audio stream in the audio menu (which wasn't possible before), but by default none was selected. so i added the line "Audio=1" to the "[Options]" section. this didn't work (none was selected). i changed the value to "2" and it worked - the second stream was selected and played when opening the bsi file. same for the third and probably further on. then i tried a configuration (similar to yours) with a video with an audio stream muxed in. now value "1" worked - the muxed in stream was played and the others were available in the audio menu. but it's the same with "Audio=1" deleted from the "[Options]". (the old) BSPlayer plays the first stream by deafult. that's also an answer to your question: when i open the bsi file displayed in my first post, the old BSPlayer plays the movie with the first audio stream (it's not mute by default).

for me, it seems quite clear, that we have two bugs here:
1. the "Directory" key in the "[Movie]" section doesn't work (properly).
2. same for the "Audio" key in the "[Options]" section.

what do you think? what happens, when you put the bsi file one dir up and set the "Directory" key to the relative path?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20