View Single Post
Old 24th September 2005
BS.player Regular User

dduke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default preferences corruption (BSPlayer.name.xml)

apologies if this has been covered but i couldnt find a related topic.

>bsp 1.35.823 (has happened with all versions for as long as i can remember)
>win xp sp2 (happened with win 98 also)
>(has happened on both computers i've used bsplayer with)
>(has happened for years and on three different hard drives)
----

i can set custom aspect ratios and key definitions and they work fine while i have bsplayer open. when i reload bsplayer, my custom aspect ratios _might_ be there but the key definitions are almost always changed (seemingly randomly, often with overlapping hotkeys). all subsequent reloads of bsplayer will have NO custom ARs and the key definitions will continue to change.

i have worked around this in the past by setting up bsp, then closing it, then setting the preferences XML file to read-only. this is very annoying when i want to change any setting in the preferences, though. in fact, i always keep a backup of a working XML file because i have these problems with this program.

if i have a working XML, then i turn OFF read-only, then i load bsplayer, the settings will be corrupted. this leads me to believe that bsplayer attempts to screw up the XML before it reads it.

i believe all settings other than AR and key defs remain intact.
----

has anyone experienced this? does anyone have any clue what could be causing this? what other info can i give to help diagnose?

thanks in advance

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20