View Single Post
Old 30th April 2006
BS.player Regular User

Arioch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OGM - Please, help me make it work!

I have been fiddling with windows, codecs, splitters, filters, players etc. for two days now trying to get playback of OGM files to work.
It used to work, but then one file with subtitles just caused BSPlayer to crash, and I began trying to fix it. Now I can not play OGM files at all without any problems.

My setup:
- Win XP Pro English
- FFDShow 20060420 SSE
- DivX 5.02
- Xvid 1.1
- Haali Splitter
- VobSub 2.23 (I have tried so many versions of VSFilter that I can not remember them all, they do not work).

The above lets me play .mkv files. The problem comes when I add the following.

Situation 1: OGGDS 0.9.9.5 + VSFilter (or VobSub) - Crashes BSPlayer. MPC displays subtitles, but sound is scratchy and full of noise.

Situation 2: OGGDS 0.9.9.6 + Ogg Vorbis Encoder/Decoder Filter (new addon to 0.9.9.6) + VSFilter (or VobSub) - BSPlayer works, but does not display the Subtitles. MPC displays subtitles but sound is scratchy and full of noise.

Situation 3: Replaced OGGDS with Radlight OGG Directshow filter. And BSPlayer works, but I do not get any subtitles, in BSPlayer or MPC. GraphEdit shows that the Subtitles are being forwarded to "Internal Command Script" and only occassionally does the players display some characters of subtitles.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20