View Single Post
Old 12th July 2006
BS.Player Newbie

psingman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Divx codec for Windows 98 wrong on the Net!

Hi, I had to download an earlier version of BSplayer as directed in the sticky faq area, the 501 one, and decided to do the divx codec and AC thingie afterwards. Well, I followed the instructions on the divx sites for 5.21 for Windows 98 and ME. I downloaded that codec, tried to install, and it said, won't work with this version of Windows....I have Windows 98SE.

OK, what gives, why would all these websites say download this specific codec for my OS and it won't install. I would like to MAKE each one of the webmasters on these sites take down their offer. Every time I try to do something like this, for my computer, I run into these snags, does anyone really know what they are doing on in regards to these directions. Enough ranting, so what do I need to do, or maybe I don't need to do anything to play divx stuff. Please get back to me in here with the next avenue to go down to make this BS Player version sweet for watching avi's and divx files. Thanks for listening and assisting, psingman

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20