View Single Post
Old 4th September 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough
Default Re: bsplayer crash everytime I load a subtitle

Quote:
Originally Posted by garger
I've read in some topics that you asked the people to create a backup of a file named BSPlayer.xml, but in my computer I don't have any file named like this and of course I don't have the following folder:

C:\Documents And Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\BSplayer

Probably this could be the reason but I have tried the installation lot's of times and I never get this created.

With older versions of BSPlayer, the ones before the whenUsave tool, I never had any problems but till I upgrade I'm having this problem. I have opened the same file two months ago with a different BSPlayer and it was working correclty.

The subtitles load when I'm using windows media player so it's not a software problem with codecs or filters.
No problems at all with your English (mine is worst than your)

If you don't have that folder the possible reasons are two:
1. You don't have a Windows XP/2000 system, but a Windows 9.x/ME installation
2. The Application Data folder is hidden and you don't have enabled the option to show hidden folders

If the reason is the first one, then search for that file in BSplayer installation path (by default C:\Program Files\Webteh\BSplayer).
If the reason is the second one, then open an Explorer window, click on Tools menu item, then Folder options.... In the new window go to the Visualization path and (in the first option?) choose Show hidden files and folders

There could be another reason why you don't find BSplayer folder in this path:
C:\Documents And Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\BSplayer
if you don't use an English version of Windows XP, the Application Data folder may be named in your language, and instead under Application Data you'll find only a Microsoft directory.

Are you using BSplayer internal subtitles renderer or are you using also other utilities (for example VobSub or FFDShow) to show subtitles?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20