Thread: Remote Control
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2008
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Are you sure this config is your remote correct configuration file for WinLIRC?
RC6 IR is a protocol used by some remotes, not the name of the remote itself. Can you find out which one is the real remote model, maybe under the battery slot? This way maybe we can find more useful information on the net.

The page you posted is a really good guide made by a (former?) user of this forum (and one of the most prolific plugins author for BSplayer)
You can build your own IR receiver by following that guide, and you can use that receiver with every IR remote controller!
The only problem is that that guide only cover IR receivers that connect to the serial port of your PC. If your PC is not provided with a serial port you have to create a USB controller, but it's more expensive and you also need to install a driver on your PC (if you search the net you can find both of them ;) )

My Pinnacle TV tune came with a USB IR receiver, and I wasn't able to make it work with WinLIRC, but I found a way to make it work with other applications by changing some configuration lines in an INI file that came with the application used by Pinnacle to drive the pinnacle tuner application by the IR remote.
If your HP capture device has an application that is used to let communicate the remote with the capture application maybe you can use it to drive BSplayer.. but you have to find the correct configuration file and understand how it's built-up

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20