View Single Post
Old 29th May 2008
BS.player Regular User

beholder4096 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default perhaps a bug in jump forward/back? (2.28)

I am probably too obnoxious about it, but seeking/jumping by keyframe is still not functioning according to my original idea (that I actually took from GOM Player).

While seeking (by keyframe) in GOM by continually holding the seek key the player actually shows what's happening in the picture.
When I try the same feature in BSplayer, I get a still screen that doesn't change (only OSD changes), while I hold the seeking key. Only upon releasing the key the screen changes. This is especially true for large AVIs. This happens on 1.5 GHz Athlon XP + Ati Radeon 9600. It doesn't matter how many 'seconds' you set to jump.

So obviously, the 'speed' of seeking has probably nothing to do with this feature - the displaying of content while holding the seek key. The way it works now in BSplayer, the seeking by keyframe is fast, but the implementation unfortunately could be deficient. I'd like to see 'what is happening' while holding the arrow key.

Also, I am sorry for coming up with this so late. I was away for a while and also couldn't find the time to install the new version to actually test this.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20