View Single Post
Old 21st April 2011
BS.player Regular User

Zatos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subtitles no longer downloading

I am not sure what happened, but BS.Player will no longer download online subtitles. It always says it is checking for subtitles and then immediately says there are none found.

I checked everything in the settings, and everything is set up correctly. I made sure I could access the subtitle pages from my web browser, and they work.

The last subtitle downloaded was on 4-3-2011, although I don't really know if that means anything. There is nothing that was changed on my computer on that date, although I installed Windows 7 64bit SP1 on 3-31. It still shows that it was downloading subtitles after that, like I had mentioned, until 4-3.

I emptied the subtitle folder just in case as it was getting rather large.

I am using 2.56.1043. I would upgrade, but since I use subtitles and there are known bugs with subtitles on the current version, I refuse to use a newer version until an update is released. It is highly annoying having to close a window every time I play a new video - especially when considering I watch it on my tv away from my computer. (Hope that doesn't sound bitter, I do love BSPlayer and I'm not harping here - it's a great product)

To me it seems like it just is not being able to access the subtitle servers, for whatever reason. I tried playing around a little bit with options - setting to different default language as well as checking on and off different servers. I also tried unchecking to download subtitles in background to see if it would give me a list - still no.

Any help is much appreciated.

I love my subtitles.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20