View Single Post
Old 26th February 2013
BS.Player Newbie

rital06 is on a distinguished road
Wink 3d rendering of subtitles

Hello,

I use BS.Player because it's the only player with a decent support for subtitles.
Now that we entered the 3D era, I also use it to watch 3D materials encoded "side-to-side" and let the TV or Projector attached to my PC do the necessary 2D to 3D conversion.
It works perfectly well.
But the subtitles become unusable because they span across the entire screen, hence being displayed half on the left image and half on the right image.
It should not be complicated to shrink the subtitles so that they fit only one half of the image and repeat the subtitles twice so that they appear on both the left and right image.
Look at the attached image for the desired result: the subtitles is repeated twice and is shrinked so that it appears on each half-image of the 3D image.
This could be done automatically with an on/off switch in the interface.
A much better implementation would take into account the 3D perspective and produce a slightly different subtitle image for each eye, hence allowing (for example) to define the 3D position (in front of the screen, at screen level, beyond the screen) of the subtitles. But this is far more complicated to implement as it touches the way subtitles are rendered.
The 1st solution should be pretty simple to implement and would make BS.Player the 1st 3d-subtitle-compatible SW.

Cheers,
Rital
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3d subtitles.jpg (109.5 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by rital06; 26th February 2013 at 02:17 PM.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20