Thread: Things for 1.0?
View Single Post
Old 14th October 2003
BS.player Regular User

Sintel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Things for 1.0?

These are some things that I found out during use of BSplayer, which I learned to live with but would be great seeing fixed at some point in time. (most of this should be in the bug reporting section but since some of these bugs are in the code for a LOOONG time, one could consider it a feature being fixed in 1.0 ;))

* Fullscreen next and back buttons with fullscreen skin don't work (skin actions 13 & 14). Not implemented yet?
* Progress bar lags on full screen mode (only gets updated when u go with the cursor over it, not when fullscreen mode player pops up)
* When using playlists, the title in the player window always says the first filename, even if another filename is playing from the playlist.
* The .bsl and .bsi functionality should be merged; e.g. being able to set aspect ratio and stuff for each file in the playlist, not possible right now afaik. (an easy fix would be to be able to make playlists of bsi files).
* Transparant mode for subtitles is currently very buggy: i can't put it off (if i click it and go to the menu again it's still checked) and only works at random times or specific backgrounds (haven't really checked).
* Subtitles integrated in ogm files have a slight delay compared to external subtitles. Also, an ogm file with integrated subtitles won't allow bsplayer to use external subtitles if the user wishes.
* Rewind jumps (left keypad) don't work on non-avi files (ogm and mkv specifically) it only pauses the video for a split second. Rewind & Forward (IF they work) are also a lot less then the specified 10 seconds in the preferences (3/4 seconds in ogm/avi files, 1/2 seconds in mkv files | both mkv and ogm only forward jumps - right keypad).
* File associations; bsplayer can change them, but if it has to add them to the registry something goes wrong.
* Subtitle language could be put right under audio streams in the menu, now it's more hidden.
* When playing with overlay and using my tv out on my ati card, i get a big black or green vertical line on the right side of the video. This is either a problem with ati card or bsplayer (haven't checked with other players yet to see if they do that too, i will tonight). Workaround i found is disabling overlay, forcing rgb mode and flipping the video.

Maybe contact gabest for these:
* Subtitle support for matroska files would be great, as currently vsfilter doesn't work really great.
* I sometimes get an error when playing matroska files consecutivly (BSPLAYER has performed an illegal operation in module MATROSKASPLITTER.AX). These errors are sporadic and random / not related to the files. I don't know if it is related to the splitter or bsplayer.

Getting these things all worked out would warrant a jump to 1.0 release :D. Thx for listening (can someone confirm that BST actually reads these forums?)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20