Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14th October 2003
BS.player Regular User

Sintel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Things for 1.0?

These are some things that I found out during use of BSplayer, which I learned to live with but would be great seeing fixed at some point in time. (most of this should be in the bug reporting section but since some of these bugs are in the code for a LOOONG time, one could consider it a feature being fixed in 1.0 ;))

* Fullscreen next and back buttons with fullscreen skin don't work (skin actions 13 & 14). Not implemented yet?
* Progress bar lags on full screen mode (only gets updated when u go with the cursor over it, not when fullscreen mode player pops up)
* When using playlists, the title in the player window always says the first filename, even if another filename is playing from the playlist.
* The .bsl and .bsi functionality should be merged; e.g. being able to set aspect ratio and stuff for each file in the playlist, not possible right now afaik. (an easy fix would be to be able to make playlists of bsi files).
* Transparant mode for subtitles is currently very buggy: i can't put it off (if i click it and go to the menu again it's still checked) and only works at random times or specific backgrounds (haven't really checked).
* Subtitles integrated in ogm files have a slight delay compared to external subtitles. Also, an ogm file with integrated subtitles won't allow bsplayer to use external subtitles if the user wishes.
* Rewind jumps (left keypad) don't work on non-avi files (ogm and mkv specifically) it only pauses the video for a split second. Rewind & Forward (IF they work) are also a lot less then the specified 10 seconds in the preferences (3/4 seconds in ogm/avi files, 1/2 seconds in mkv files | both mkv and ogm only forward jumps - right keypad).
* File associations; bsplayer can change them, but if it has to add them to the registry something goes wrong.
* Subtitle language could be put right under audio streams in the menu, now it's more hidden.
* When playing with overlay and using my tv out on my ati card, i get a big black or green vertical line on the right side of the video. This is either a problem with ati card or bsplayer (haven't checked with other players yet to see if they do that too, i will tonight). Workaround i found is disabling overlay, forcing rgb mode and flipping the video.

Maybe contact gabest for these:
* Subtitle support for matroska files would be great, as currently vsfilter doesn't work really great.
* I sometimes get an error when playing matroska files consecutivly (BSPLAYER has performed an illegal operation in module MATROSKASPLITTER.AX). These errors are sporadic and random / not related to the files. I don't know if it is related to the splitter or bsplayer.

Getting these things all worked out would warrant a jump to 1.0 release :D. Thx for listening (can someone confirm that BST actually reads these forums?)
Old 14th October 2003
BS.Player Power User

Quietseb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Things for 1.0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sintel
* The .bsl and .bsi functionality should be merged; e.g. being able to set aspect ratio and stuff for each file in the playlist, not possible right now afaik. (an easy fix would be to be able to make playlists of bsi files).
actually it is possible, but only using a set of bsi files that make use of the NumberCDs option... (like here). Of course this is not a very flexible way to do that... playlists of bsi files would indeed be a good idea IMHO
Quote:
* When playing with overlay and using my tv out on my ati card, i get a big black or green vertical line on the right side of the video. This is either a problem with ati card or bsplayer (haven't checked with other players yet to see if they do that too, i will tonight). Workaround i found is disabling overlay, forcing rgb mode and flipping the video.
this is an issue at least with some ati and nvidia cards, it's not unreasonnable to think it's a bsplayer problem ;)
more details here

Quote:
Thx for listening (can someone confirm that BST actually reads these forums?)
bst does visit the forums from time to time and he does read them. Some features/bug fixes in the latest releases are proof of it ;)
Old 14th October 2003
BS.player Regular User

Thx for the links

have posted more specs about the overlay problem in the relevant thread

regards
Old 15th October 2003
BS.Player Power User

bond is an unknown quantity at this point

what will be really great to have in bsplayer is an option to use the "overlay mixer" directshow video renderer (not overlay mixer2) to enable flawless playback of realvideo streams...

for now i have to use mpc for that

and no that doesnt work in bsplayer with overlay mode 1/2
Old 15th October 2003
BS.player Regular User

Doesn't ffdshow has this option? haven't tried but maybe should be able to use overlay mixer + ffdshow + bsplayer? what else would you need?
Old 15th October 2003
BS.player Regular User

EXTRA PLAYLISTS:
* ability to make playlists of bsi files (i know i said before, for redundancy :))
* skinnable playlists
* an option to save relative instead of the default absolute paths in the playlist.
* pressing del should delete files of the playlist instead of having to right click, select Remove.
* ability to select multiple files in the playlist to remove/move them.
Old 16th October 2003
BS.Player Power User

bond is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Doesn't ffdshow has this option? haven't tried but maybe should be able to use overlay mixer + ffdshow + bsplayer? what else would you need?
nope, ffdshow enables overlaymixer2 :(

Tags
things