Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14th May 2010
BS.Player Newbie

hoomiel is on a distinguished road
Default [SOLVED] problems with full screen

when i press f or dubble click mouse the full screen is small
and when i press the numeric 5 or m key it goes full screen properly
but how do i make it like like it used to be, with out useing the numeric 5 or m key eveytime i want full screen.
i also tryed to check the remember pan&scall box but no change...
i still need to press f then 5 numeric in order to watch in full screen.
any suggestions?
Old 14th May 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I suppose it concerns different movies you played?
I would suspect this could be a privileges/access rights matter.
Are you using Windows Vista of 7 (with UAC) ?
Are any other personal preferences that you changed still like you set them after you closed BS.Player and restarted?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 14th May 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Default re

i am using win7 and it happens to all series and movies i watch. (a lot)
thats the only problem... and it doesnt change if i close bs or shut down the pc
Old 18th May 2010
BS.Player Master

As pointed out to me by Ico-man, another possible cause could be that the option "Dont' resize video in full screen" is selected under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video [General]
If so: uncheck that box.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 20th May 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Default Thank you

That was it!!!
thank you all for your time...
Old 5th October 2010
BS.Player Newbie

xcreepyx is on a distinguished road

i got the same problem and suffering from that for a long time. i have to press "m" everytime i go fullscreen. i checked and unhecked all the options you mentioned here but no way. i've also checked the settings of ffdshow video decoder and reizing is completely disabed there. sorry but bsplayer sucks when it comes to fullscreen. what else can i do, please help me
Old 6th October 2010
BS.Player Master

I suppose you tried all of the above (especially depressing [5] on numeric keyboard).
Then you could start by giving some mimimum information, like which version of BS.Player you're using and its build-number and also what OS you're using. If Vista or 7 it could well be a(n access) rights/privileges problem (UAC). Are changes you make in settings 'remembered' by BS.Player ?
Further verify/check your Pan-scan settings under
(rightclick )> Options > Preferences > Playlist
(If you're using old-style playlist, you may also do that for each individual file in playlist.)
Also you might verify setting of "Remember movie settings" under
(rightclick )> Options > Preferences > General [General settings].
Old 6th October 2010
BS.Player Newbie

i'm using Windoıws XP. bs player version 2.51 (1022). yes all changes i made are remembered by bsplayer after closing and running it again.

under Options > Preferences > Playlist i have changed and tried every variable option one by one but no help. i have a wide screen asus vw220S Display. it's 22". when i press "5" or "m" it doesn't crop the video in fullscreen but after double clicking and going back to fullscreen again i have to press "5" or "m"
Old 6th October 2010
BS.Player Newbie

i finally fixed it. here
i checked only one of the boxes and cleared the rest under Options > Preferences > Video [General]

Old 7th October 2010
BS.Player Master

Good for you !!
In your case checking/selecting "Remember zoom" and unchecking/deselecting "Remember Pan-Scan settings" and "Remember movie window size" as well as "Don't resize video in full screen" did the trick. Other users with similar problems might also play a bit with these settings to find if it solves their problems.
Old 7th October 2010
BS.Player Newbie

LoWang is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down ehm

Guys I am sorry to cool down your joy, but this is not a solved issue at all :o I tried several combinations of said settings and none of it works. I would not think of it being related to this problem anyway, so I am not surprised. Everytime I switch to full screen the video is stretched with cropped sides. Anyway I don't understand how can this setting be related to a problem with full screen if it is to remember zoom. Even in the window mode if I zoom it using mouse or keypad + and close the video and then open it again it just does not work and the window is back to the original size, so it seems this setting does nothing. At least for me :-] I enjoyed BSplayer quite a lot some years ago, but now I find myself not being that happy about it

I have also another problem maybe it is related - some of my movies are now terribly broken with missing pieces of image when some scenes change. It does this also in media player classic and windows media player. I guess I have some problem with codecs, but the interesting thing is that it works flawlessly in GOM player :-\ Any thoughs?
Old 16th February 2013
BS.Player Newbie

carlr1990 is on a distinguished road

I have been getting this error since a long time and could never figure out the cause as it would work fine initially on a a new OS install or new PC and after some time give this same error.

Other Solutions to this are, changing video rendering to Internal renderer overlay OR change the PAN scan(Other than 0) in the EVR(Enhanced Video Renderer).

However, I've discovered if your PC resolution is 1366x768 it will give you this Subtitle stutter (lag) error in full screen.

The SOLUTION is to change resolution to 1360x768 and it should work fine in EVR and even if the PAN scan is 0.

Hope it helps.
Old 3rd February 2014
BS.Player Newbie

rumen_bg is on a distinguished road

Friends ,just press "O" in fullskreen mode and the picture will show :)

Tags
full, screen