Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 31st January 2013
BS.Player Newbie

WFWER is on a distinguished road
Default [SOLVED] Codec Manager doesn't want to download codecs.

So, I was trying to play a .mkv file and they said I don't have the codec. Fine then, I opened codecmanager and they brought up a list of codecs I don't already have, like ffdshow, haali, and other stuff, there were about 7 codecs on the list. I chose to download them all, it took a little time and then the download was complete.

I tried to open the same file and they say I don't have the codec, even though I just downloaded it. I chose to check the codec list again and some of the codecs which I just downloaded and installed were marked as "not installed".

I retried downloading all the codecs again a few times and still, even though the program says that I have downloaded and installed them sucessfully, when I refresh the list, the same codecs which I just installed are there marked as "not installed".

Is there a solution to this?
Old 31st January 2013
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Probably you are runing Windows 7 and UAC it's still enabled, so BSPlayer can't save the codec files and configuration files onto your hard drive.
Old 1st February 2013
BS.Player Newbie

WFWER is on a distinguished road

Disabled UAC and it works fine now.

Thanks, problem solved.

Tags
codec, codecs, download, manager