Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th December 2016
BS.Player Newbie

dddd is on a distinguished road
Default Recommendations for the video rendering mode (W10)

Hey Guys,

I would like to ask you about some recommendations, which rendering mode is the best to use. There are so many to use...
  • Internal renderer DirectDraw surface
  • Internal renderer overlay (default)
  • Internal renderer RGB mode
  • Internal renderer RGB overlay
  • Overlay mixer
  • WMR 7
  • WMR 7 renderless
  • WMR 9
  • WMR 9 renderless
  • EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
  • madVR
  • Internal Direct3D renderer (test)

Does the particular recommendation depend on some specific HW or SW combination/configuration? I will add more information, if needed. For now, I am running Windows 10.

You may ask, why is this guy asking this question - well, with EVR (which is default one) I have occasionally some weird artifacts (like tearing), I found some mild information with some similar issue, which was therefore fixed by switching to the "Internal renderer overlay (default)", but now, if I have the playing video in the window, any other window (if overlaying the playing window) cause that window to have some weird black border around it.

Thank you for your suggestions.
Old 5th February 2024
BS.Player Newbie

Swedaniel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
Hey Guys,

I would like to ask you about some recommendations, which rendering mode is the best to use. There are so many to use...
  • Internal renderer DirectDraw surface
  • Internal renderer overlay (default)
  • Internal renderer RGB mode
  • Internal renderer RGB overlay
  • Overlay mixer
  • WMR 7
  • WMR 7 renderless
  • WMR 9
  • WMR 9 renderless
  • EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
  • madVR
  • Internal Direct3D renderer (test)

Does the particular recommendation depend on some specific HW or SW combination/configuration? I will add more information, if needed. For now, I am running Windows 10.

You may ask, why is this guy asking this question - well, with EVR (which is default one) I have occasionally some weird artifacts (like tearing), I found some mild information with some similar issue, which was therefore fixed by switching to the "Internal renderer overlay (default)", but now, if I have the playing video in the window, any other window (if overlaying the playing window) cause that window to have some weird black border around it.

Thank you for your suggestions.
Hey, i have been using 'EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)' with BsPlayer v.2.78 (Free Version) on Windows 10 (64bit) with great results! Mostly ive used LAV Filters with Microsoft MPEG-4 v2 (MP42) videos! acctually im not really sure if the EVR is active or if LAV Filters take over the whole job! Still the results so far have been great! Ellse if i was unhappy with the EVR i'd go try the Internal Renderer DirectDraw Surface first!

With the LAV Filters you can allso customize some HW Accelration stuff from within the LAV Video Decoder Utility that come as an part of the LAV Filters installation!

Edit: And ive tested DivX and WebM (VP8) videos with this setup allso, working great aswell!
Old 8th February 2024
BS.Player Newbie

Rubinuna is on a distinguished road

Hey there! I've been getting fantastic results using 'EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)' with BsPlayer v.2.78 (Free Version) on Windows 10 (64bit). When working with MPEG-4 v2 (MP42) files, I've mostly used LAV filters. really, I'm uncertain as to if the EVR is operational or whether LAV Filters assume full responsibility! Still, I'm very pleased with the outcomes so far! If I were not satisfied with the EVR, I would first attempt the Internal Renderer DirectDraw Surface!

Last edited by Rubinuna; 8th February 2024 at 05:12 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
BS.Player Newbie

joyceshah is on a distinguished road
Default You may also

You may also adjust other HW Accelration parameters using the LAV Video Decoder Utility included with the LAV Filters installation!

Tags
mode, recommendations, rendered, rendering, video, w10