Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 1st February 2009
BS.Player Newbie

ellkay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What did I do? Full screeen goes into automatic movie mode!

Hey! So I bet I just screwed something up because I always do. What happens is I load a movie from a .rar, and I'm typing stuff in chats/msn/forums etc, and then while I'm typing, BSPlayer loads, and all the things i type at the moment end up as commands I'm giving BSPlayer. Took me days to realize what I did when the movies were playing on my DESKTOP! (Yes.. I had just pushed D, desktop mode, haha).

So anyway, my current problem is this: When I open a movie, I want it to use the original settings. That is (usually) 16:9 or at least close to it. It does that in windowed mode, but whenever I go into full screen, it uses this weird movie mode. I have to push M twice to remove it - every time I go into full screen mode. It's getting kind of annoying. So what did I screw up this time, and how do I fix it? =P Thanks for your help!
Old 2nd February 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

If you have to depress [M] twice it is probably not moviemode you selected but pan-scan.
What happens if you depress [5] on numeric keyboard?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 2nd February 2009
BS.Player Master

Perhaps also check what is selected concerning pan-scan under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Playlist
as well as in Playlist (old-style) itself [Alt]+[E]
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 2nd February 2009
BS.Player Newbie

ellkay is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhh thanks! Pressing 5 solved it for me! Never imagined the solution would be so simple haha! I'll remember this for the next time I do it. Thanks again!
Old 2nd February 2009
BS.Player Master

You probably accidentally selected pan-scan by depressing character (letter) [O].
Glad I was able to help you solve your "mistery".

Tags
automatic, full, mode, movie, screeen