Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2013
BS.Player Newbie

RichM_Philly is on a distinguished road
Default Disable "last position" in audio files (NOT video)

BS player for Android
v1.8 Build 148
My equipment: Droid 3, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Hello.

When playing back audio files (from single file playback, or playlist) - it will sometimes begin playing the audio file in the middle of the song, usually because the last time I played the song, I clicked "skip" in the middle of the song to get to the next song. But the next time I play the audio files, it will start at the middle of the song because it remembers the last position.

How do I disable this? So ALL audio files play at the 00:00 start by default?

Clearing cache doesn't resolve this, clearing history will not resolve this.

Thanks for any advice.

Rich

Edit by adicoto: moved to android forum
Old 3rd March 2013
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I'm not aware that there is such feature at present.
So your post is to be considered as a feature request.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 3rd March 2013
BS.Player Newbie

Wait a second... so *everytime* i play a song, it will never start from the beginning? it will always start playing from the last place it played at? (if I clicked skip song in the middle, for example?)

Is there a file I can click delete on? that stores the location of song's last remembered spot?

I'm disappointed in the software writer for making this feature a ridculous default.
Old 3rd March 2013
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I would normally assume that clearing history (resp. cache) would do the trick, but you mentioned it doesn't (I didn't test myself)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM_Philly View Post
...Clearing cache doesn't resolve this, clearing history will not resolve this....
So maybe this is a bug? That being said, however, I understood from your post that you want this feature to be different for audio-files, which makes sense to me with respect to 'normal' music-files of e.g. 4 minutes or so, but as BS.Player may also well be used for listening to a spoken book or to operas or operettas, it maybe is not so totally ridiculous as you rather easily "judge" it to be. For me (and I assume for the majority part of the users, but maybe I'm presumptuous) BSPlayer first and foremost is a video-player, so I can understand the present default as being the (one) 'general default' for all media-types. So I would indeed prefer a selectable option as a new feature for audio (and maybe separately also for video to make BSPlayer even more versatile). In order to do so, I think that first the extentions "known to" BSPlayer will have to be separated in those for audio and those for video (Preferences > General Preferences > Extensions).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 3rd March 2013
BS.Player Newbie

I'm right there with you, I also listen to talk radio show podcasts that are 3 hours in length, so I do see the wanting it to do "resume" from the last spot played.

But I think there should also be an option to disable it. I use BSP for both video - and audio too. I really don't want to download another music player, as I really do prefer BS player.

Hope there will be an option for enable/disable this soon.

In the mean time, is there a file I can go into one of the folders, a file that stores the "info" for remembering the timestamp that I can go into and delete? All I found was going into Application from menu, selecting BS Player, and clicking on "clear data" - which also clears ALL other preferences too :(

I hope you can look at my persistence in this issue/matter as a positive thing.

Rich M.
Old 7th March 2013
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

In future builds, there will be an option to remember playback position separately for audio and video.

Tags
audio, disable, files, last position, video