Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19th October 2013
BS.Player Newbie

chief is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Search Subfolders and LAN Media Folder

I just downloaded BSPlayer with the intention to use it strictly to stream mp3's over my WiFi from my NAS to play on my home stereo. My mp3's are organized according to genre and by album in folders and subfolders.

My compliments to the LAN features....everything works great and streaming is a breeze.

A few items:

STARTUP FOLDER
I wish you could permanently set the startup folder in preferences so that it can't change. I see where you can do it, but it seems to only work for local folders. I'm looking to permanently set a LAN folder as the startup folder.

SEARCH
The big problem I am having is that the search function seems to only search the directory that is displayed. Since all my files are in folders and subfolders, by the time you can search and find the file you want, you're really already there. Is there anyway to have it search an entire directory structure? Also, since I have a LOT of mp3's, it would be great if it could have already indexed them when it was idle so that the searches are very quickly. If it could index file names, tags and other metadata, it would be a very fast and useful search feature. Perhaps I am just using it improperly?

MEDIA FOLDERS
The same issue goes for media folders. I seems like you can only scan local folders, not network folders. My media on my NAS is way bigger than my device memory, so I really need this to work over the LAN. It may help to fix the "SEARCH" issue above.

DISABLE LOCAL FOLDERS
Is there a way to disable local folders? (Essentially putting it in a "LAN only" mode?) Seems silly, but I have some users in the household which will get confused if they end up exploring the local device SD card.

Again, very nice product. I realize I'm an odd user using it for LAN access only, but I'm guessing there's at least a few people out there like me....thanks!
Old 24th October 2013
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

LAN folder can be selected as startup folder, long tap on it and select Set as startup.

We will see what we can do about the other ideas.
Old 1st November 2013
BS.Player Newbie

jltermarsch is on a distinguished road
Default LAN folder startup no work

I do a long tap on a lan folder, to set it as the startup folder. Next time I start the bsplayer, it shows "no data". Feature does not work after latest update. Android version. Any help available?

Tags
folder, lan, media, search, subfolders