Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th September 2015
BS.Player Newbie

Special Guest is on a distinguished road
Default App keeps closing when streaming audio

I love the program, it's very slick and responsive with a great feature set.

However i bought it primarily for streaming internet radio from URL's.

Trouble is, it keeps quitting. I have to restart it upwards of 10 times a day.

I'm running Lollipop 5.0.2 on a Vodafone Smart 6 Ultra.

I work as a courier and have to run the company's app in the foreground, so i keep BSPlayer in the background, streaming LBC radio:

LBC London

http://media-ice.musicradio.com/LBCLondonMP3

LBC News

http://media-ice.musicradio.com/LBC1152MP3

I've seen some suggestions online that Lollipop over-aggressively kills background apps, especially those streaming audio - and indeed, have this same issue when using VLC Player for internet radio too. But BSPlayer's much better than VLC, hence why i paid the licence for it...

I also use Rocket Player, and notice that it doesn't seem to have this problem, although it's just playing local files, not streaming (which it can't do). Still, it just sits in the background all day playing tunes until i tell it to stop...

Any chance BSPlayer could be made similarly persistent? I just want it to keep streaming internet audio with single-minded resolve, until i tell it not to. Even if it's in the background, which it normally will be. Even if Lollipop tries to kill it every 10 minutes, which it evidently does. And even if it temporarily loses the signal, which is sometimes inevitable - i just want it to stay put and wait patiently until it can re-acquire the data stream, and then start playing it again automatically.

I don't want to have to keep fiddling with my phone to get the radio back on - especially as i'm driving all day! It's a distracting nuisance!

Many thanks,

SG
Old 9th September 2015
BS.Player Newbie

Special Guest is on a distinguished road

Bump....

OK, just to kick things off: manually stopping a stream from the UI could set a flag, then if for any other reason the condition arises where the stream isn't playing, but the flag isn't set, the player automatically resumes playing the last stream?

Might this technique also be used to prevent the app being closed while in the background - or at least, allowing it to automatically restart?

Tags
app, audio, closing, lollipop, streaming