Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th September 2016
BS.Player Newbie

greshgore is on a distinguished road
Default BS player can`t access directories anymore

Hi all,

I love BS player and have been using it successfully for years, to stream to my phone, however now there`s a problem. I have most of my media loaded on a portable drive with the main directory shared (G:).

It used to be that sharing the directory was enough to let me browse and play every folder and individual file on the drive. Until I upgraded to Windows 10 at the end of July. All my permissions etc. stayed the same, but now I cannot access directories anymore. I get either an “access is denied” message or 0xC0000205.

I`ve erased and redone permissions, even tried changing a registry entry or two. Oddly enough, I CAN access a folder on G: if it`s shared (ex: G:/Movies) I just can`t access the main directory. That includes my internal drives too not just the portable. Am I missing something or is there some new security “feature” in Windows 10 that`s causing the issue?

VLC for Android can access the shared directories without any trouble via Universal Media Server, but I consider BS player to be a superior option for mobile so I`d like to keep using it if I could.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Using the latest version of BS Player for Android. 1.27 build 190
Old 30th November 2016
BS.Player Newbie

Ov3rbyte is on a distinguished road

Getting the same issues, upgraded to windows 10 and only some drives work. :\

Tags
access, anymore, can`t, denied, directories, directory, player, windows 10