Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th September 2011
BS.Player Newbie

hjwessels is on a distinguished road
Red face BS Player plays video file as audio file...please help!

Hi

I've struggled for weeks with this matter and after many hours trawling through the internet still can't solve it, so I'm turning to the experts. I'm a first-time poster, so please bear with me if I don't follow all the rules. I'm sure the information I make available will not be complete, so if you could let me know what additional information you require to help (and how to get it) I'd be more than happy to provide...

Symptoms:

My problem is that BS Player plays certain AVI files as audio files, as if it's an mp3 file. I know they are valid video files, and they work fine when I play them with any other player (Windows Media Player, VLC Media Player, Nero Show Time, etc), but of course I much prefer to use BS Player. The problem affects only AVI files (all other formats play fine) but not all AVI files. The problem also only happen once I have installed the latest DivX codes onto my PC. If I uninstall DivX altogether, the same AVI files play just fine on BS Player. Also, right-clicking on BS Player shows video disabled. When playing the files on BS Player, the file name which appears on the BS Player window shows a .m2ts extension...not one I'm familiar with and I'm not sure that it's only .m2ts files that are affected (besides, Windows shows the extension as .AVI)

The closest I have come across another post on the same issue is on this link:

BSPLayer plays avi files as audio -- no video

However, the post seems to be unresolved and I'm none the wiser myself despite following the recommended actions.

I have set BS Player to play all file types, and I have tried every single rendering mode available but none of them solves the problem.

I have BS Player PRO version 2.57 installed, Build 1051, 8 December 2010 (I receive an "up to date" version message when checking for new versions).

I run Windows 7 Home Premium on my PC.

I really need DivX codecs for other video editing and equally I don't want to give up using BS Player as my default player.

Can anyone help please? Any information much appreciated and I'll try to answer questions as best I can...

Thank you in advance!
Old 5th September 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Did you already try to blacklist DivX codec in BS.Player's filter manager?
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Filter management > [Blacklist/Whitelist]
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 5th September 2011
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

If DivX decoder filter interacts and doesn't play well your AVI files, either assign MPEG4 to DivX decoder or to ffdshow. For example, open XviD properties and check the boxes for all MPEG4 and instead loading DivX decoder, BSPlayer will use XviD decoder, which, at least for me works OK with all avi MPEG4 files.
Old 26th October 2011
BS.Player Newbie

uge7 is on a distinguished road
Default Audio file No video file

I have same problem, Bs player plays my avi file as Audio file and no video is shown
Old 26th October 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Maybe it looks like same problem, but you provide considerably less info.
OS? BS.Player version/build?
This problem is valid for any avi-file? It has never functioned before?
I hope you didn't install any codec-packs?
When you installed BS.Player, did you allow it to internally install its preferred codecs (for use only by BS.Player and not interfering with your system's codecs/filters)?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 10th March 2012
BS.Player Newbie

geongu is on a distinguished road

hello !

I have BSPlayer PRO 2.61

and I have video, but no sound with .MOV and rmvb
Old 10th March 2012
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Do you use internal codecs downloaded by BSPlayer ?
As far as I know, there is still a problem with Big Endian audio streams (usually found in MOV files)

See here: No sound and old AC3 Filter

Tags
audio, codec, divx, file, player, plays, video