Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 27th February 2003
BS.player Regular User

dwarfy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dVobSub properties bug ?

Hi,

I haven't seen any report about that, but when I play a film with subtitles and dvobsub, the dvs filter is present in the menu (http://grand.vrac.free.fr/dvs/FiltreDS.jpg), however it doesn't open the filter properties when I click. I must double click the tray icon to open the properties of dvs.

I think it's come from BSP because it works with other players (like TCMP, but I really prefer BSP).

Thanks, and sorry for my poor english.
Old 27th February 2003
BS.Player Power User

xlv600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Something must be wrong in your configuration.

I don't and didn't have this issue, whatever the OS, the DVobsub version or BSplayer build.

Try to run the debug version of buid 493, maybe you'll see an error in the c:\bsplayer.log
Old 27th February 2003
BS.player Regular User

I've tried the debug version.

It's the same, when I click"DirectVobSub (forced auto-loading version)" in the menu, nothing appear, neither the filter properties nor any error message. I must double click the dvs tray icon to gain acces to filter properties.

The debug log seems to be perfectly normal (http://grand.vrac.free.fr/bsplayer.log) and this "problem' is reproductible on my 4 computers and two friends computers (tested with 2k, XP, b493, 493d and 494, dvs2.23).
Old 27th February 2003
BS.player Regular User

Hum, this works with BSP build ... 386 (yeah, yeah, no error, it's the 30 dec 2000 build).

With ALL posterior build I've tried (450 484 488 492 493 493d 494), nothing happens when I click the "DirectVobSub (forced auto-loading version)" in the menu.
Old 2nd March 2003
BS.Player Power User

xlv600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bonsoir dwarfy

- I already had some troubles when installing only DVobsub, try to install the full package if you didn't.
- With last versions, I couldn't manage to register the filters manually in BSplayer\filters directory, I had to run the package install and remove dvs files from BSplayer directories.
- I see in your log that BSplayer try to load a TXT subtitle file, I've never tried to load textual subtitles, as I always use dvs for (IDX+RARed SUB) subtitles.
- Last point, I usually setup DVobSub to "Do not load" as BSplayer already load it if necessary. But I've tried with "Always load" and it has no effect on our topic. But it may be interesting to notice that I only have the string "DirectVobSub" in the filters list of my video menu, even if DVobSub is setup to "Always load".

Hope it helps...
Old 2nd March 2003
BS.Player Power User

Quietseb is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlv600
- I see in your log that BSplayer try to load a TXT subtitle file, I've never tried to load textual subtitles, as I always use dvs for (IDX+RARed SUB) subtitles.
Well done, it seems to be the problem.
I tried with both text file and vobsub file:

text file: dvs shows up as forced auto-loading version even though it is configured to launch only when needed. I can't do anything with it from bsplayer's filters properties menu
vobsub file: vobsub doesn't display forced auto-loading version and its config window can be loaded from bsplayer's filters properties menu

I installed only Dvobsub 2.23, not the full package, with the installer
bsplayer build 494

with build 386, you dwarfy must have used an older version of dvobsub, didn't you ? (older than 2.15)
Old 2nd March 2003
BS.player Regular User

yes, i've just tested the 2.23 dvs version (and it works on .386, i could acces properties directly from BSP).

i've also tried several other players, and I think it's a BSP bug, because it works under TheCoreMediaPlayer, MediaPlayerClassics and ZoomPlayer (but I REALLY prefer BSP to use)
Old 19th March 2003
BS.player Regular User

hum, this bug is just with .srt in fact.

with .idx/.sub, we could bring up dvs properties via the right click menu under BSP without problem.

with .srt, we can't (and we can under MPC, TCMP or ZP).

Tags
dvobsub, properties