Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th November 2010
BS.player Regular User

Womanizer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not recognizing Dolby TrueHD track in Matroska

I just converted the BD "Escape From L.A." (1996) using TSMuxer (demux option) + Mkvtoolnix/mkvmerge GUI (to join all streams, with the option "Disable header removal compression for audio and video tracks by default" selected to make sure the target file is compatible with players) into a Matroska file. The target file has one track: English Dolby TrueHD 5.1. Plus english/english SDH and portuguese subtitles.

BSPlayer is not recognizing the audio track, as if the MKV didn't had any! And this is only happening with Dolby TrueHD 5.1, I already tested other MKV files using DTS-HD MA 5.1 and those tracks were all recognized.

Is this a bug?

P.S. MPC-HC and VLC Player are both recognizing this track on the MKV file.

I tried opening the original m2ts from the BD/stream folder and BSPlayer is recognizing the audio track. However the playback is not correct, I mean, after 2-3 seconds it's behaving as if someone paused for half a second, as if my CPU was not powerful enough to play (using Q9450 here). Which means = another sign of a bug with a file using a Dolby TrueHD track, since this is only happening with this movie.

P.P.S. The Truman Show (1998) is also using English DolbyTrueHD 5.1 track. And have the same problem with BSP.

Last edited by Womanizer; 9th November 2010 at 05:41 PM.

Tags
dolby, recognizing, track, truehd