Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th February 2003
BS.Player Newbie

CrazyT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Playing movie with different audio track...

First of all I wanted to thank and congratulate you to this great player.
Great work!!!

Just one bug is a bit annoying: If you want to play multiple files (with drag & drop on the BSplayer-Link) it only plays one file. :(
Another thing is, that it isn't possible to fast forward (or backward) in a movie (if it is, than please tell me how ;) )

But these things aren't my real problem/suggestion.
I wanted to play a movie with an other audio track (different language). This audio track isn't in the movie-file (if this would be possible), it's in an extra mp3-file. And instead of re-ripping the movie with this other audio track, it would be great, if it is possible to play the movie with this extra audio track (so it takes the video stream from the movie-file and the audio stream from the audio file)

If this is possible, please tell me how, and if it isn't, it would be great, if you include it into the BSplayer... :)

Thank you

Greetz

CrazyT
Old 16th February 2003
BS.Player Power User

Quietseb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Playing movie with different audio track...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyT
Another thing is, that it isn't possible to fast forward (or backward) in a movie (if it is, than please tell me how ;) )
ok, that's not exactly fast-forward/backward but I think the customisable jump does the trick: go to preferences (ctrl+P), general tab; set the "seconds to jump" time (in the top-right corner)
then choose the key definitions & winlirc tab; set the "jump forward" and "jump backward" keys (near the end of the list).
there are also "seek forward" and "seek backward" shorcuts that can help (default shortcuts are right arrow and left arrow). bad thing is, when you use them the picture is not displayed.
I agree display of the video (and time) while seeking would be a useful improvement.
BTW I'm not sure a smooth backward search is possible due to the decoding process (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyT
This audio track isn't in the movie-file (if this would be possible), it's in an extra mp3-file. (...) play the movie with this extra audio track (so it takes the video stream from the movie-file and the audio stream from the audio file)
It is possible ;)
open your video file then right-click on the player and choose "open audio file" (or use the shift+L shortcut)
If you use bsi files, you can automate loading of both files. Refer to your_bsplayer_install_path\doc\ini_files.html for more details

Tags
audio, movie, playing, track