Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/)
-   -   crash after about 1h (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/12317-crash-after-about-1h.html)

SolidSnake916 15th March 2014 05:36 PM

Version 2.56 Build 1043 Confirmed to work, the Video freeze, while audio plays with infinite ERROR Sound that lags computer is not present with this.

Last Error Log: Pastebin
K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is being used, With these various settings tweaks

Filter Management > Allow Intermediate Filters [Checked] (Allows K-Lite Filters to load)
Subtitles > Subtitles Disabled [Checked] (K-Lite Manages this)
Audio > Use Internal Vorbis Decoder [Unchecked] (K-Lite Manages this)
Optional Video - EVR Rendering, this older client doesn't allow MadVR so EVR is the next best thing.

I have tested various situations on my pc, thinking Windows 7 Power Management and Mother Board Programs could be at cause, like Asus AI Suite II, or Digi+ Power Management Control, but none of them were.

I have tested this for 7 hours having each error occur at the 50minute mark, i have successfully played 3 hours worth and no error.

Note the error, doesnt matter how long the files are, i have played 30 minute episodes by just loading them over top, not closing the player and the error happens, but on the version i noted, it never happens.

I believe its something to do with Software / Drivers / Hardware on the pc, and BS player not working well with it. The Error Logs dont say much, i have attached my full error log in a pastebin a few posts back as well.

I will test anything the devs make as i want the best player to be fixed and work smoothly for everyone.

This is the only feedback i can give for now!

adicoto 15th March 2014 08:19 PM

1. Try to run BSPlayer through rightclick -> run as administrator

2. I know that this can sound stupid, but do you have a default phisical printer installed? If not, can you install one ? (BSPlayer it's written in Delphi and your error it's "Canvas doesn't allow drawing" which seems to be overrided by installing a default printer.)

Don't do the both things at the same time.

LE: after reviewing this post, some of the users that reported this issue seems to have solved this problem by re-registering quartz.dll. Can you also test this ?

SolidSnake916 15th March 2014 10:47 PM

Adicoto i cant run it as Administrator, because UAC is off, so it technically is already running in Administrator, unless the developers rely on UAC then i can see a major issue.

I will try the printer thing later.

I am now testing the re-register of quartz in both locations.

run > %windir%\system32\regsvr32 %windir%\SysWOW64\quartz.dll
run > %windir%\system32\regsvr32 %windir%\system32\quartz.dll

Will report back if fixed

adicoto 15th March 2014 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidSnake916 (Beitrag 73520)
Adicoto i cant run it as Administrator, because UAC is off, so it technically is already running in Administrator, unless the developers rely on UAC then i can see a major issue.

Unknown are the ways of the Windows :happyroll:

SolidSnake916 15th March 2014 11:44 PM

Re-Registering Quartz.dll did not fix it, moving onto Printer, but i doubt that will fix. It probably has something to do With UAC or Quartz like the poster 1337inside Posted.

Bare with me that i didnt restart my pc, because when registering .dlls its done instantaneous and should not matter if restart occurs.

Will report back after Printer Setup.

adicoto 16th March 2014 12:26 AM

quartz.dll is the core of directshow (part of DirectX) and contains part of the filters used to decode streams. And BSPlayer it's a player based on DirectShow.
Could you render a file in GraphEdit and post the filters ?

SolidSnake916 16th March 2014 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto (Beitrag 73523)
quartz.dll is the core of directshow (part of DirectX) and contains part of the filters used to decode streams. And BSPlayer it's a player based on DirectShow.
Could you render a file in GraphEdit and post the filters ?

Explain how to do this, and i'll proceed with testing, do you have skype or teamspeak as i can do this live with you.

Installed Printer, didn't solve anything.

This error is very tricky... As it is still happening!

Major Edit: All older Versions will no longer load any video files and crash

What lead up to this Installed printer, did system updates, system changed into Japanese Locale, Video Card Updates.

I have reinstalled K-Lite and BS Player versions to try and get it to work, no luck, the version i said didn't have the issue for 1 hour crash wont even load anything, it hangs on loading a file...

adicoto 16th March 2014 08:19 AM

Download GraphEdit from here:

GraphEdit 10 090704 - VideoHelp Downloads

it's a free download. Microsoft's software.
Open the file, do a printscreen and post.

SolidSnake916 16th March 2014 08:42 AM

Read my previous post as i have edited it, here's the screenshot from graphEdit

http://i59.tinypic.com/2csgqrn.png

adicoto 16th March 2014 10:21 AM

Open BSPlayer, swich rendering methode in video options, close BSPlayer, open a file. Swich back to EVR.

SolidSnake916 16th March 2014 04:05 PM

is this to test the 1 hour crash? or the program not opening any video files on older versions.

Edit: Testes this on new version before and still crashed, just tested to play on old version and still hangs, LAV Audio never loads and it just freezes and i need to ctl+alt+delete to close it.

adicoto 16th March 2014 04:49 PM

It was to solve the new problem, not the one hour crash. Probably after re-registerig quartz.dll, LAV filters lost association.

So, from codec pack you installed only LAV filters or ffdshow too ?

SolidSnake916 16th March 2014 05:03 PM

I reinstalled the entire K-Lite Coded Pack, im going to try a restart again. After reinstalling it.

No ffdshow, its inferior to LAV.

EDIT: Did not work! Man i hate windows so much!!!

SolidSnake916 18th March 2014 10:23 PM

Still having freeze/lag/crash after 50 minutes.

SolidSnake916 31st March 2014 03:27 AM

Since it seems support has stopped and the Developers have no idea or care about this issue, i have stopped caring about this application after using it for 4 years. i have now went to other player. Until this Company decides its customers matter i wont be back.

whotheff 21st June 2014 02:03 AM

Bug still exists in 2.67

whotheff 21st June 2014 02:07 AM

Forgot to mention: if you seek forward/backward using keyboard arrows the bug happens more often, but always after 60% of the movie

Vorador 25th June 2014 05:52 PM

i guess no1 read my reply on the other thread :(

so.....i guess no1 read what i posted on the other thread.......like i said i had the same problem bs crash image froze while sound still playing normaly and windows gave critical error (after 1hour more or less) i changed theme for windows to classic not on an aero theme....and the problem stoped its more than a week now that bs working perfect for me (also i changed back to an aero theme and the problem didn apear again) dont know why or how (i had this problem for more than a year)....like i explained to the other thread i dont know much adout video player or codecs etc.....i hope i helped some1 understand what might cause the problem.....and somethink last i dint change or upade any codec or bs player the only thing i did was change the theme to classic and the problem fixed

my pc has windows 7 ultimate 64 - bs version 2.65 build 1074

whotheff 11th July 2014 03:25 PM

I'll try switching to clasic and back to aero then, i hope you're right!

burekas 1st September 2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorador (Beitrag 74231)
so.....i guess no1 read what i posted on the other thread.......like i said i had the same problem bs crash image froze while sound still playing normaly and windows gave critical error (after 1hour more or less) i changed theme for windows to classic not on an aero theme....and the problem stoped its more than a week now that bs working perfect for me (also i changed back to an aero theme and the problem didn apear again) dont know why or how (i had this problem for more than a year)....like i explained to the other thread i dont know much adout video player or codecs etc.....i hope i helped some1 understand what might cause the problem.....and somethink last i dint change or upade any codec or bs player the only thing i did was change the theme to classic and the problem fixed

my pc has windows 7 ultimate 64 - bs version 2.65 build 1074

It's not helps :/
It increase when you move back\forward with the arrow keys or make some pause breaks.

Which other software do you recommand so we can use it instead BSPlayer? Meanwhile I moved to VLC Player.