Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 29th April 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Veleax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Video runs slow, Audio runs normal

This happens a lot, buy i'm fed up. I'm playing Divx and XviD files on BSplayer. Using Win98 and have a 500Mhz comp. I play these 150+MB files, but the video is always slow, or skipping about 30 seconds of video(not good if you're reading subs). The audio runs fine, with no problems. I'm hoping I can solve this without getting a faster computer, but who knows.
Old 30th April 2003
BS.Player Newbie

IonRain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problem

It's not only you. I have the same problem and i've got faster computer than yours (Athlon 1200, 256 DDR, Geforce 2 Pro). I've made a topic a little earlier. But for sure if you want to watch films or anime ;) with subtitles you need a faster computer anyway.
Old 1st May 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Amalfi Marini II is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Classic problem

This is a classic problem, I can run smoothly any DivX movie on my Athlon Thunderbird 750Mhz with 256 MB of ram an a Geforce 2 MX 32MB. A friend of mine has a Celeron 400Mhz, 64MB RAM and a Sis 620 video card with 8MB shared. The only way he could play movies was in 640x480 desktop resolution and setting the decoder to min quality, of course you can use bsplayer's feature to change resolution only when playing movies(not to mention that bsplayer is the fastest player for slow machines). In DivX 5.02 you can set overlay extended and yuv extended mode and things may get better. Double buffering will speed a little too but you'll need a video card with more than 8 MB (12, 16, 32 etc). If you're loading the movie from a CD, try to copy the AVI file to the HD, but this last one can help only if you ahve a huge movie with AC3 audio and high resolution. That's my problem actually...
Old 2nd May 2003
BS.Player Newbie

chin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I used to have this problem too, though I have a 1800 Athlon with a K7 Mainboard with sound on board.
At first I disabled the ffd... show filter, and used the morgan stream switcher instead, it didnt work. After that, I deinstalled nimo codec pack, and installed all the codecs themselves, which I needed. And it worked. Then I reinstalled some items of the nimo codec pack.
The result is: The BsPlayer works fine now, but the wmplayer doesn't read my xvid files anymore(for I disabled xvid in this ffdshow filter, and now I dont know how to configure ffdshow filter anymore, cuz bsplayer uses another xvid codec)...
Old 6th May 2003
BS.player Regular User

plas is an unknown quantity at this point

If the movie has audio stream in MP3 format, you can switch audio quality to half frequency. I think that 22kHz is enough for movies. I can play some DivX and I have AMD 400MHz and Sis530 onboard video with 4MB shared.

BSPlayer is not good for slower computres, because the video runs slower than audio. Some other players have audio synchronized with video, but they skip some frames.
Old 19th May 2003
BS.Player Newbie

jUz2eAZy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Video faster than audio stream .....

Yes , i did encountered the same problem too. The video is always faster than the audio. Its really beyond watching. Btw my PC is using a 700 mhz pentium 3 PC. With 8mb Video memory, 369mb ram
How to solve such a problem ? A new PC ?
Old 2nd June 2003
BS.Player Newbie

mapatsy is an unknown quantity at this point

I happen to have the same pb sometimes. But only when I'm encoding a movie and subtitles at the same time with a normal priority.

So try to disable every resource consumer like anti-virus and all, decrease resolution, etc... Such a hassle. Better upgrade your machine.

Tags
audio, normal, runs, slow, video