Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11th September 2012
BS.Player Newbie

DRT91 is on a distinguished road
Default BS.Player Free full screen tremble

Good morning! I would like to report something that is probably a bug. While playing video files with subtitles in full screen mode, the screen trembles only while the subtitles are being displayed and plays on smoothly when there are no subtitles to be displayed. When I turn off subtitles in these specific files the tremble stops. This happens only in fullscreen mode. The only occasion this does not happen (still in fullscreen mode) is when I change the aspect ratio to 4:3. Forgot to mention that this does not happen while playing these files with other media players. I swear I used them just to check though! :)

Thus far I noticed this happening while playing 720p mp4 and mkv files. This happens on both my desktop and my VAIO laptop. Both systems are running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (fully updated) and the latest version of BS.Player Free. Here is a video that might help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dZ1qWyllns

BS.Player is my favourite media player and the most easy to use. No other media player has a built-in subtitle finder like yours, I really love it! I hope you will be able to fix this. Thank you in advance!

P.S. Should you need any additional information, feel free to ask me!

Last edited by DRT91; 11th September 2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: added P.S.
Old 11th September 2012
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

I could blame for that Microsft's DVT decoder which tends to decode H264 streams and fail.
You could check this by opening a file -> options -> filters and see which decoder it's used.
If I am wrong, try to swich the rendering method in video options.
If I am right, use another H264 decoder, such as ffdshow or CoreAVC.

PS: pressing "S" key enable-disable subtitles. Easyer than mouseclicks
Old 11th September 2012
BS.Player Newbie

First of all thanks for answering so quickly and the subtitle tip! I would like to ask a favour though. Can you give me more specific guidelines, because I am not familiar messing with these kind of settings :) Do I go to ffdshow Video Decoder?
Old 11th September 2012
BS.Player Master

First, let's see which decoder it's used. Open such a file, right click -> options -> filters -> advanced, and post here the result.
Old 11th September 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Here it is:
Old 11th September 2012
BS.Player Master

OK, so I see it's ffdshow.
So, open BSPlayer, right click -> options -> preferences -> video -> rendering method (upper right tab) and select for example internal renderer (default)
Old 11th September 2012
BS.Player Newbie

I tried this and it works! It changed the color scheme to Windows 7 Basic, but this doesn't affect the playback at all, correct? Thanks a lot, again! :)
Old 11th September 2012
BS.Player Master

You may also try other rendering options, find which suits you better ;)
Old 11th September 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Question answered and in less than an hour! You may close this topic, and, thanks again!
Old 16th February 2013
BS.Player Newbie

carlr1990 is on a distinguished road

I have been getting this error since a long time and could never figure out the cause as it would work fine initially on a a new OS install or new PC and after some time give this same error.

Other Solutions to this are, changing video rendering to Internal renderer overlay OR change the PAN scan(Other than 0) in the EVR(Enhanced Video Renderer).

However, I've discovered if your PC resolution is 1366x768 it will give you this Subtitle stutter (lag) error in full screen.

The SOLUTION is to change resolution to 1360x768 and it should work fine in EVR and even if the PAN scan is 0.

Hope it helps.

Tags
free, full, screen, tremble