Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 13th July 2002
BS.Player Newbie

ronaldm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ac3 problem when using bsi-inifiles

Up to version 085.488 bsplayer didn't play ac3-files loaded when starting from a bsi-inifile. You had to tell the audio-decoder (under properties in "right-click-menu") to use s/pdif-output each time you wanted to play a movie although it was set in the preferences to use it as default.

Since version 085.488 bsplayer starts playing ac3 immediatly. But if you load more than one ac3-file and try to switch between them all audio-output stops. (Same procedure with mp3 works fine.) There's now way to reactivate it - without restarting bsplayer.

My iviaudio.ax is version 3.1.91.17

(Prior to loading ac3-files externally I muxed audio- and video-streams together. This way I got a jerky video with some kind of framedrops. Maybe mpgaudio.ax version 1.00 wasn't good enough.)

There's another problem with ac3-playback under win2k - it doesn't appear under win98. After 2 hours, video is about 2 seconds asynchronous to audio. You might correct this by changing playback rate in "right-click-menu". In combination with externally loaded ac3-files bsplayer isn't able to change playback rate as expected. It won't play at e.g. half-speed but movie will be synchronous for a while. Why is this? Does bsplayer resync under win98 a couple of times when playing?

Tags
ac3