Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

artki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Install matroska, lose audio

using version .86, build 499.

I downloaded the latest Matroska Playback pack (to let BSPlayer handle MKV files.). Installed it. The files played fine, audio was a touch low.
Poked around various BSPlayer menus found something that dealt with AC3 that had a volume level control set to the middle. I raised it to the max, volume was the way I liked it.
Looked at more menus, checked out the new options. Suddenly, I had no audio. Even worse, the menus that I was looking at were no longer part of BSPlayer! Under PROPERTIES where I had been seeing 5-7 choices now there was only DIVX DECODER FILTER. That AC3 thing had been there before. I still had audio in other media players.
Uninstalled Matroska, Unistalled BSPlayer.
Reinstall BSPlayer. Everthing works. There are now 3 choices under PROPERTIES - DEFAULT DIRECT SOUND DEVICE, MPEG LAYER-3 DECODER and that divx decoder filter.
Installed Matroska. No audio. down to 1 choice under properties. (the divx thing). Unistalled Matroska. Audio returns.

Whew. What's going on here?!

Tags
audio, install, lose, matroska