Freezes at opening or skipping inside mp4 and mkv files on XP Pro 32bit SP3 Romanian
When opening or skipping inside mp4 and mkv files BS.Player freezes at random, very annoying.
Tested on several computers of mine with different hardware configurations, all XP Pro 32bit SP3 machines. Windows has all updates from Microsoft, standards are Romanian, location is Romania, language pack is romanian (LIPSETUP_XP_SP2_ro_29.11.2005.MSI) - therefore BS.Player is installed with default Romanian language. There are no codecs other those BS.Player self downloaded and installed.
All I have modified is the skin to BSplayer.v1 and disabled automatic upload of subtitles. Also when installing I choosed to save settings in instalation folder.
The problem does not appear with avi files (divx).
When it freezes it can be quick closed only from Task Manager, or if I wait enough it can be closed fron task bar too, but in tray area there are remaining up to 3 icons: FFA, FFV and BS witch are dissapearing after hovering with mouse over them.
bugreport.txt does not record information, but I will attach 3 logs from 3 computers where this problem appear - logs are generated from an subtitle error (I presume) that I will report too.
... after furter testing it looks to be subtitle related....
If I disable subtitles in Options the problem disappeared !
If I enable subtitles in Options it goes like this:
- at random it freezes when loading avi/mp4/mkv video file and there is the baloon in tray area searching for subtitles on one or more sites;
- if it loads video and play there come the window with online subtitles to choose from, but if I choose to close BS.Player now, it closes and generate the bsplayer.exe window "A error occured in the application." with send bug report; show bug report; continue/restart/close application buttons. Bugreports were attached in the first post.
- if it loads video and play there come the window with online subtitles to choose from, I download what I want or not, I close it (if successful download of subtitle there may come at random the error window reported before), and the freezes occur at skipping inside mp4/mkv files, at random. If the subtitle was already downloaded the freezes occurs too. The same for mkv files containing subtitle. Never for divx contained in .avi files.
In Options the default languages for subtitles were set by BP.Player: rum,eng.
I observed freezes even if in the playlist were mp4 videoclips, each shorter than 10 minutes - they do not require download of subtitle.
1. I see you are a BSPlayer PRO user, so you are entitled to technical support: www.bsplayer.com
2. Which rendering methode do you use ? Which subtitle rendering engine (old or new) ?
1. I own the computers, but the user is my cousin who is abroad for a while and I do not want to impersonate him in relationship with bsplayer.com.
The thread should trigger the technical support anyway. I wonder why am I the only user reportig this behaviour.
2. - rendering method: internal renderer overlay (default) [all working methods are producing a freeze];
- subtitle rendering engine: new [old fails too].
3. I did a clean XP Pro SP3 32bit english, just drivers for chipset, video, audio and lan from manufacturer, BS.Player and BS.Player PRO latest version and both freezes even with subtitles disabled in Options when I skip mkv files.
It is an awsome player, I watched tons of divx movies with it, but mp4 and mkv on XP Pro is the limit and nobody cares!
I won't migrate to W7 or W8 and I am really sorry to lose BS.Player flavour ...
1. Technical support it's triggered through the link posted above. It is possible thet nobody else reported this behaviour because most of the users have moved to 7 or 8 ? Or this error it's not reproduced on other computers ? Microsoft too moved away from XP.
2.Could you try on one of the computers to uninstall BSPlayer's filters (through codecmanager.exe) and install CoreAVC, CoreAAC, Gabest MP4 splitter and Gabest MKV splitter ?
3. In BSPlayer's genereal preferences could you uncheck "Efectueaza cautarea la eliberarea butonului mouse-ului" si "Cauta keyframes (AVI si MKV)" ?
Hi. I have almost the same problem (randomly crashes at start) on every computer i had installed versions like 2.69 or older (i didn't tried yet a newer version) since long time ago. I'm using Windows XP SP3 (previously SP2) and will not go too soon to Win 10 or something alike. I love BSPlayer despite this inconveniece, but i would like to know if exist a fix or what could be the cause.... I used to make some programming (but not c) and i know how hard is sometimes.
|freezes, inside, mkv, mp4, opening, skipping|