Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 17th July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

OBTS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm new. Audio problem. Please help

OK, first things first. I am sorry for introducing myself with a problem//complaint, BSplayer is my player of choice. I wish I knew how to work the software better.

2.) I guess I should get my specs out of the way
I have an old machine
Athlon AMD 800 MHz.
Tnt2 video card.
XP sp2 RC2.
As for codecs/players I use

Kazaa-lite mega codex pack 1.03 with the basic options
bsplayer 1.00.809; media player classic 6.4.8.2; DivX pro 5.1.1 decoding/encoding; Xvid 1.0.1 2004-06-05 de/encoding; 3ivx D4 4.5.1 de/encoding; win media 7/8/9; on2 vp2 and vp6 de/encoding; ligos indeo 5.2; intel indeo 4.5 and 3.2; huffyuv; ms mpeg-4; elecard/ligos package; quicktime and realtime substitutes; mp3; ac3(direct show); ac3(acm); oog vorbis; aac; musepack; voxware; monkey's audio; lame mp3 encoder; oog vorbis direct show filter.

I installed the latest version of quicktime over that because the 3ivx website said it was required.

3.) My problem. I recently downloaded a movie file around 1.XX gig large with the extension 3ivx.mov. I tried to play it in BSplayer and it plays video just fine but it has no audio. I thought it might be a new format I didn’t have so I went and googled 3ivx, found their website, and installed their windows codec. Their site said that I needed QuickTime so I tried to play the file with the QuickTime substitute (ms player classic) with no avail. I downloaded QuickTime and with QuickTime the movie plays with both audio and video, and it has a selection in the beginning for an audio track to play. I would have stopped there but the video is sketchy, skipping a frame or two every few seconds.

I would like to play it in BSplayer because things seem to run a lot more smoothly.

4.) I have tried going into options->preferences->audio. And messed with the 2 check boxes and dropdowns in that screen. other than that. I really don’t know what to do. I searched the forums but I don’t think I used the right keywords.

5.) I am looking for any tips really. A place to start so I may become more knowledgeable and maybe find the answer on my own would be nice. A debug check list so I could give you more info. Or just a solution :D . I am not too familiar with audio/video ripping/encoding/decoding. Any tips/help are appreciated.

Sorry if I come off �noob’ please don’t bust my chops. Thanks for your time.

Tags
audio