Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24th October 2004
BS.Player Newbie

edv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "AudioFileX" not back-compatible with old .BSI fil

I have a lot of .bsi files with a [Movie] section that look something like this:

---------------
Title=Test
Directory=.
FName=Test.avi
AudioName1=English
AudioFile2=Test.wav
AudioName2=Test
---------------

This used to (in the 0.86 versions, e.g. build 501) result in a video with two selectable audio streams, "English" and "Test" - but not any more. In the 1.xx versions (e.g. builds 810, 812), AudioFile2 and AudioName2 are completely ignored. I can load the .wav file manually, but automatic parsing fails.

If I change the line to read "AudioFile1=Test.wav" then BSPlayer works as I expect it to, but the BSI file doesn't make any sense at that point, because "AudioFile1" is associated with "AudioName2" - which is confusing (though not particularly problematic).

The problem I have is that many of these "old" .bsi files are archived on read-only media (CD, DVD), which the current version will no longer play as cleanly as the 0.86 version did. If support for files containing an AudioFile2 but not an AudioFile1 could be re-introduced, it would make me very happy.

Thanks!

Tags
audiofilex, backcompatible, bsi