Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd August 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Jani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No sound in avi with equalizer

The subject is a bit misleading, there is sound with avi, if no mpg or wmv video files have been played before them. If one or more have been played before or in between, after that there is no sound from avi files. Restarting bsplayer fixes the problem until another mp or wmv is played before a an avi file

I use basic bsplayer 1.32 build 820 23 jun 2005. Although I had the same problem with a previous version I was using, although on an even older version I experienced no problems (can't remember builds).

The audio streams on mpg's that kill sound on later avi's are decoded by mpeg-I decoder.

There is no problem if bsplayer integrated equalizer is disabled. And also if audio has been lost it can be returned be disabling the equalizer and reloading the particular file, but if I enable the equalizer then the audio is lost again.

Is the equalizer somehow messing up the audio stream? Of course I could use bsplayer without the equalizer at all, but I'd rather be suing it, if at all possible :)

I tried to fix te quartz.dll and disabling the xvid and divx options suggested in the help2help post but to no avail.

Tags
avi, equalizer, sound