Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 31st July 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Propellerhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Player freezing when I try to "Open Device" (TV Tu

The System:
Athlon 2500+ on Abit NF7-S 2v0 with 1GB Kingmax TBGA DDR400,running a fresh install of WindowsXP Pro SP2 & I have installed BS Player Pro 1.32 build 820.
My TV tuner device is an ATI All-In-Wonder 8500DV, & I am running the latest Catalyst package (5.7).

The Problem:
When I try to enter capture mode (whether by selecting "Open Device" from the right click menu of the player's main window, or via the Winblow's "Start Menu") the source selection window appears as it should, however, when I click "OK" on it, the player freezes completely. I get no error message at all, BSPlayer just freezes imediately, to the point where I can't even shut it down via winblow's "Task Manager". I must then reboot to get rid of the frozen player window & Task Manager entry.

When the "Source Selection" window appears, the Video source is set to "ATI Rage Theater Video Capture" & the Audio source is set to "Nvidia(R) nForce(TM) Audio", so it would seem BS player is looking for the correct devices.
I know that the device & drivers are functioning correctly, as the TV tunner component of the ATI MMC functions fine (though while MMC's tunner works, it has other short commings that leave me to wanting to explore 3rd party software).

Is there a known incompatability with ATI All-In-Wonder cards ?
Or is it just because the tunner on an 8500DV All-In-Wonder is actually philips digital tuner (Not digital as in HDTV signal reception, digital as in it's circuitry. It Still only tunes into analogue transmission signals)?
If it is a known incompatability issue, will support for this tuner ever be added in the future?
If not, why ?
Old 31st July 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

It seems you're not the only one: http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=17020#17020.
I'm afraid, however, I cannot help you, but as a buyer and registered user of BSPlayer Pro you are entitled to get technical e-mail support from BSPlayer's team itself. (Read item (f) (almost at the bottom) of my Help-to-Help-post).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 1st August 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Propellerhead is an unknown quantity at this point

BSPeter,
Thanks for that link to the other similar thread, as I didn't find that thread when I did my searchs.

As for getting email tech support, unfortunately, I am not entitled to such support...
U see, like the fella who posted @: http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic....r=asc&start=15 , I was not prepared to fork out for a software without 1st confirming that the features that atract me to the software, actually work on my system.

I have been a long time user of BSPlayer (free edition), however, recently I was forced to do a full reinstall after a HDD died on me, & decided to finally give ATI's MMC the flick (chunk of poo that it is).
Therefore I am in need of a replacment TV tuner/PVR software, & when I came to download the L8st version of BSPlayer free edition, I found out about the supposed TV Tuner support in "BSPlayer Pro", thus thought I should try it out.

Unfortunately, because there is no trial version of Pro, I was forced to use a shared key, in order to test the software (& a good thing I did, cause it doesn't bloody work)

However, should there be no solution to my problem, I will be reverting back to the free edition. Should support for Rage Theater capture devices ever be implimented in future releases of BSPlayer Pro, I will have no problems forking out the $ for a legit copy.

Tags
freezing, open device, player