Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 15th May 2008
BS.Player Newbie

STaRGaZeR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bugs in v2.28 + others present in other versions

Hi all, it's my first time here :)

I want to report you a few bugs in the PRO version. Hope you can fix them making this wonderful program even better :D

I'm using Vista64 SP1. I've been using v2.24 until today, so here are my findings after the upgrade:

1. Regarding DirectVobSub detection. In this new version, I suppose that this is for prevent double subtitles, when BSPlayer detects a MKV file with embedded subtitles it ignores DVS and loads internal subtitles only. This is good as you prevent the double sub thing. But when you're playing a file that contain karaokes, effects, etc. DVS is just superior. I would suggest an option that enables the user to choose what he/she prefers, internal or DVS. With v2.28 I've to disable internal subs to make DVS to work. Or just another option that makes internal subtitles enabled only when DVB just can't be used to decode a particular subtitle file.

2. Haali Media Splitter support is somewhat broken, something that didn't happen with v2.24 at all. BSPlayer now does not detect any chapters in Matroska files when using Haali. And also in some files even when in the options default audio track is set to 1 the player defaults to track 4 (using Haali too). The same file does not have this problem with WMP or with v2.24.

3. Now that file association in Vista is fixed, custom file associations are not (this was also present in v2.24). Open BSPlayer, associate .TS or whatever files with BSPlayer, close it. Now .TS files are well associated. BUT, if you open and then close options again, the normal associations are fine, but the custom ones are back to their default values.

I think I have forgot something, if I remember I'll post it. If you need aditional info or something just ask for it

Thanks for this great player, i'll stick with v2.24 which is perfect for me except for the Vista file associations and bug 3 :D

Tags
present, v228, versions