Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 23rd August 2008
BS.Player Newbie

jomasecu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Above Normal eats CPU

Using BSPlayer 2.3. If I have BSPlayer set to above normal process priority, certain things will always cause bsplayer.exe to start eating upwards of 95% of my CPU, causing everything to crawl. It does not play when it does this, just shows a black screen. The only way to stop it (that I know of) is to open up task manager and kill the process. Things that cause this are:
Opening a second video file (I can open one file, but opening a second, whether it's still playing or not, causes this)
Trying to close BSP
Unlocking the computer

I can avoid this by turning it to normal before doing any of these things, then turning it right back. I need to have it on above normal when it plays or it gets all choppy while I do other things.

WinXP SP3
Athlon 64 3200+
2GB PC3200
GeForce 6800
Asus A8N SLI Deluxe mobo
Old 26th August 2008
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Can't reproduce this... Or your video file has a frame rate too high for your CPU, or you are using a bad coded codec..
Can you post here the file type you are playing and the filters used by BSplayer to decode it (with the video playing -> right-click on bsplayer -> Options -> Filters -> Advanced)

Maybe you have a CPU hit when you rise BSplayer's priority because the frame rate of the video is high and usually there are a lot of frames dropped, then when you rise the process priority BSplayer has more CPU cycles to dedicate to the playback and there will be less frames dropped but an higher CPU usage (it doesn't really make sense to me, since there should not be frame dropped if there's still some CPU power to be spent, but who knows..... :roll: )

Tags
cpu, eats, normal