Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 31st October 2009
BS.Player Newbie

Karel1979 is on a distinguished road
Default Delete current file

I'd like a feature to delete the currently opened file, so that the moment you close that file, it gets deleted

The reason for this request is when a user is viewing a file that he wants to view once (or don't want to view at all) he doesn't need to locate the file in explorer afterward. This is very useful when you have a long list of very similar filenames, like recorded TV shows or a bunch of episodes with only a different timestamp in their filename. It's easy to delete the wrong one.

The simplest way to implement this would be an option "Delete file" in the context menu, or to make the 'del' key delete the file
Old 15th November 2009
BS.Player Power User

black_ps is on a distinguished road
Cool

A option like ,delete file on Finish will be very good.
Old 22nd January 2010
BS.Player Newbie

NetVicious is an unknown quantity at this point

Another option could be "real system delete" of selected files in the PlayList
Old 22nd January 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I personally would think that to be a rather tricky feature, which - if ever implemented - would certainly require at least one "are you sure question".
What's more BS.Player is a media player (and thru its Media library a possible media manager); but let's agree its not a file manager.
(Next question would have to be whether it should be a [Delete] or a [Shift/Delete] and the following question would then perhaps become, if deletion occurred unintentionally, "how about a restore function?")
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 23rd January 2010
BS.Player Newbie

NetVicious is an unknown quantity at this point

Winamp has the real delete option.

When real delete it's clicked it should show a question dialog with a warning.

The real delete option could be inside a submenu as Winamp has to avoid unwanted clicks.

Tags
current, delete, file