Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24th August 2012
BS.Player Newbie

weedman1234 is on a distinguished road
Default What codecs to install?

When Ive installed all codecs I had problems with BSplayer. SO now Im asking which codecs I should install?

Old 24th August 2012
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

And the problems are ?
Old 24th August 2012
BS.Player Newbie

weedman1234 is on a distinguished road

I dont have problems now, but I had before. Now Ive installed new windows and I want to install important codecs so Im asking you for a advice!
Old 24th August 2012
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

The codecs indicated by BS.Player codecmanager are BS.Player's preferred codecs/filters. It is a very limited selection of codecs/filters. So I would say: install these (pre)selected codecs (and preferably don't ever separately install codec-packs containing an abundance of codecs/filters).
What's more: the codecs you install using BS.Player's codecmanager, are installed "internally", i.e. only for use by BS.Player and not interfering with your system's codecs/filters.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 25th August 2012
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

FFDshow is a filter capable to decode allmost any kind of audio and video compresions.
FLV filter is a splitter for FLV files (downloaded from Youtube for example).
MPEG2 decoder is needed for DVD files.
MPEG audio decoder...decodes many audio streams. Don't know about it, I have never used it.
Haali media splitter is a splitter for AVI, MKV, TS files
Real Media splitter is needed for RM, RMVB files
AC3Filter is the main audio decoder.

So, if you don't download files from Youtube in FLV format, don't have RealMedia files there is no need for FLV and Real Media splitter.

Tags
codecs, install