Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10th August 2003
BS.player Regular User

Darkvater is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Few suggestions for BsPlayer

First of all, let me tell you, I absolutely love BSplayer!
It has become my prime choice of watching movies on my tv through video-out (for tv only I use my DVD player.....sorry :) ). I just love the whole program, and I don't even have to get out of my chair, since it is already incorporated with WinLIRC.

Still, nothing is perfect, so here are some features/fixes, I would like:
1. Support for .idx/.ifo/.sub files, the DVD IFO and VOB native subtitle format. While I love and also use DirectVobSub it is a pain in the a** to disable it and enable it the whole time not to get double subtitles in a movie (.srt for example). I prefer BSplayer's method, since I can zoom in, zoom out, and the subtitle stays in the same place. So this would be a great help!
2. Autorecognition of multilanguage subtitles. I know these can be set in the BS ini files, but without that, it won't load any subtitles unless it has the same name as the file. Maybe a support for .ENG.srt, .NLD.srt, etc, so with a language abbreviation behind it.
3. Make it possible to have 1 ini file for more movies (for a movie which is CD1 and CD2, but is on HD). Because now you have to make an ini file, in there specify that it is a multiCD movie, and make another ini/bsi file for CD2 and basically copy all the information from the ini file of CD1. I think this could be done easier with doing 1 ini file for a 2/3/4/5 CD movie where all the information is found there.

Smaller wishes:
1. Have OSD messages also show up in the movie itself. Like when I pause the movie, have 'pause' show up. And 'play' on resume. Now, I only get OSD messages when a movie is first opened and started.
2. OSD messages are in the middle if the 'draw OSD messages on overlay' is checked. Bug?
3. Maybe show the movie/file name for a few seconds as an OSD when a movie/file is played
4. Some kind of word-wrapping on subtitles that would otherwise fall outside of the screen. This would ofcourse also involve ignoring any next <newlines> since then you would get a 2-3 letter line. Just a quick thought.

My biggest request would be the VOB DVD subtitle format support for BSplayer, all other is just small (probably easily remedied) requests. This also shows what a great program you have made!

Keep up the good work :D

Tags
suggestions