Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th February 2016
BS.Player Newbie

LukeMatt is on a distinguished road
Default A misguided feature (Remove “Upload subtitles”)

I can’t even wrap my mind around the provision for uploading subtitles in BSPlayer. We should use BSPlayer to create a new subtitles file, then upload it? If 1,000,000 people view a video and upload an associated subtitles file with BSPlayer, what will bsplayer-subtitles.com do with 1,000,000 subtitles files?

“Upload subtitles” belongs in a program like Subtitle Workshop, NOT in BSPlayer.

BSPlayer should provide subtitles proofreading. When we use BSPlayer to view a video and download a subtitles file, we should be able, at any time, to press a hotkey to report an error in the subtitles to the site from which we downloaded the subtitles file.

For a brilliant example of in-program bug / enhancement reporting, see the video game Driftmoon from Finnish developer Instant Kingdom.

See also my related suggestion in this forum about "Rate subtitle" dialog box
Old 16th March 2016
BS.Player Newbie

Hollaballer is on a distinguished road

Just because you can't wrap your mind around something it doesn't mean it's not useful.
Upload subtitles is a useful tool because if you, for example, have a rare, new or not easily found subtitle file, you can easily share it with the rest of BSP community. It's that simple.

What I cannot wrap my mind around is how can you not understand this?!

Tags
feature, misguided, remove, subtitles”, “upload