Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st December 2002
BS.player Regular User

LordIntruder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chapters (CHF), images (CBF) and DVD Stuff

Hi.

I've just discovered a Divx Rip with an autolaunch and the work on the autolaunch is overwhelming. We have exactly the DVD menu, images, links, etc... Astonishing!!!!

That kind of menu is possible with MicroDVD because this player handles images and areas selection on them.

My suggestion is to add that to ini files. Let's take an example.

We have take a snapshot of the DVD menu image (in jpg i.e). On this image we have 3 words:

1) The movie
2) The subtitles
3) Quit

And now it's exactly the same as you do in html. You described what area of the image should be connected to the word "The movie", etc...

Area1=449,510-475,531
etc...

The fingers describe in pixel the area. When your mouse is over this area and you click on it, you'll be bring to the movie section. There the "movie" image will pop up and others area could be set here, one to launch the movie, another to come back on the first menu.

This is an example, just to let you know about the general idea.

Actually I make my autolaunches with the well-know CDA proggy. It is fine and people like it. But with such microDVD autolaunches possibilities, it will bring BSPlayer to the top and we could do amazing things. Of course Divx Rip will take much more time to be released because it's a real hard and long work to make such beautiful autolaunches but what a joy at the end.

To better understand what I'm talking to about microDVD ini files, have a look here:

http://www.doom9.org/mdvdp_guide.htm

and here is an example of an microDVD ini file:

http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/Docs/rush.ini
Old 8th January 2003
BS.player Regular User

Movieman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Check this out

I can make a bilingual movie with excellent picture quality (for DivX of course, the picture is so smooth that no ugly blocks appear during play), dolby sound, subtitles in 2 languages (when I have them), option to choose chapters when watching the movie.

When I insert my CD, the autorun menu launches allowing me to choose language (Russian or English) and subtitles (none, Rus, or Eng) - any combination of those. Chapter list is available both in the list format and thumbnails. 5.1 Dolby Sound.

Pretty good, hah? Especially for the one who had no experience of DivX encoding before. All the info and progs to do that provided the Internet. he-he.

Tags
cbf, chapters, chf, dvd, images