Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th June 2006
BS.Player Newbie

twsergio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to display chinese subs?

Hi! I'm using english version of winxp and i want to watch movies with chinese subs but bsplayer doesnt display properly the characters, how can i solve this? thanks!
Old 18th June 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Hi, have you tried to modify Subtitles' fonts?
Open BSplayer properties window (CTRL+P) and click on Subtitles section. Then Click on the "Font" button. Now, at the bottom of the font settings window you'll se a "Writing" or "Script" drop down listbox.Theorically if you have installed support for asian characters you'll be able to select Chinese (or Asian) script, this way your subtitles will be displayed correctly
Old 18th June 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
Open BSplayer properties window (CTRL+P) and click on Subtitles section. Then Click on the "Font" button. Now, at the bottom of the font settings window you'll se a "Writing" or "Script" drop down listbox.Theorically if you have installed support for asian characters you'll be able to select Chinese (or Asian) script, this way your subtitles will be displayed correctly
Thank you for answer :)
I have installed winxp multilingual pack, but i can't see the chinese script (theres many script but not chinese) in bsplayer, can i download it from somewhere?
Old 18th June 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by twsergio
Quote:
I have installed winxp multilingual pack, but i can't see the chinese script (theres many script but not chinese) in bsplayer, can i download it from somewhere?
:? mmh, I don't know, never had the need to see/use chinese characters, so I don't know.. But.. are you sure to have installed also support for Chinese language? There are several languages you can add to the Windows installation, maybe you didn't installed also the Chinese one.. if you already installed also the support for Asian/Chinese language I don't really know how to help you (I don't have it too in the scripts list, but I didn't installed that language support)..
Old 18th June 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
:? mmh, I don't know, never had the need to see/use chinese characters, so I don't know.. But.. are you sure to have installed also support for Chinese language? There are several languages you can add to the Windows installation, maybe you didn't installed also the Chinese one.. if you already installed also the support for Asian/Chinese language I don't really know how to help you (I don't have it too in the scripts list, but I didn't installed that language support)..
Thanks for your support! :)
Old 18th June 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Finally were you able to display them correctly?
Old 19th June 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Quote:
Finally were you able to display them correctly?
nop, haha
but i'm using MV2Player, it let me see chinese subs

Tags
chinese, display, subs