Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28th October 2006
BS.Player Power User

trodas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing full screen mode resolution on the fly

I think the topic name "changing full screen mode resolution on the fly" is already descripting enough :)

It should allow me to change this at least when not in fullscreen - then open the prefs and change the resolution

Other than that, should not BSplayer have that is in the MediaPlayerClassic too - to have one fullscreen switch hotkey w/o resolution change and other WITH the resolution change??? :?:

That could almost defeat the purpose of adding the possibility to open the Prefs when playing in window to change the resolution to witch the BSplayer change the screen when full screen mode switch is hit

:idea: :idea: :idea:
Old 19th June 2007
BS.Player Power User

So, after some time, will anyone know what happend to this suggested feature? :?:

And anyone who use v2.21 - could tell me, if BSplayer finally allow to configure FullScreen switch WITH resolution change and WITHOUT?

I mean I want to configure BSplayer this way - with just convient double-click enter fullscreen mode w/o any resolution change, with "z" key enter fullscreen mode with the defined resolution change.

It is possible with v2.21? I still using 1.41 pro and did not feel like changing it, unless v2.21 can do this. So, can it? :?:
Old 23rd June 2007
BS.player Regular User

Farlight is on a distinguished road

I checked the key def and no, I don't think you can do that in 2.21 sorry, not yet anyway. :)
Old 25th June 2007
BS.Player Power User

I did not find anything either... But mainly no keystroke is working for me in v2.21, so... bad bad bad version... :? At least that is what happend on Win2k SP4...
Old 26th June 2007
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point

I support this request.

But I guess so many users have installed flat panel displays with a single resolution now, and nobody is interested in this feature.
Old 26th June 2007
BS.Player Power User

Yes, it might seems a bit too late, todays - but I still prefer CRT for nice colors and other resolutions still looking good, so...
Old 26th June 2007
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry about slight offtopic:

I completely agree. It is impossible to enjoy older games stretched to LCD resolution. Let's say a few pixels are supposed to represent a candle flame. Each of these pixels looks like a little star, but when upsampled and displayed on LCD that sprite becomes washed out, maybe like if it was printed on paper. And I have seen no LCD which provided controls to display lower resolutions 1:1 or 1:2 if possible.

This is basically the same resampling problem as argued about in audio forums: simple resampling is bad and it's stupid to have a fast processor just for resampling (such as X-Fi). The difference is that any signal degradations are more apparent with video than audio.
Old 26th June 2007
BS.Player Power User

And older games/demos rulez. The new crap is just a crap...

So I fear that LCD is nothign for me. The LCD is great for text, but not for graphic nor fast FPS games. Refreshrates aroud 100Hz, necessary for proper gaming, are simply blurry / ghosty on LCD, so... useless, IMHO.

As for movies, movie encoded at 640 pixels size looks good in 800x600, but washed out stretched to 1024x768. And do not talk at all about 1280 and higher resolutions...

Movie with 800 pixels wide picture looks perfect in 800x600 resolution - if your monitor can display NICE 800x600 resolution. Quess who pushed nVidia for doublescan option! See there: http://doublescan.wz.cz/

Resampling always kill quality. Hence resampling OFF is the first thing one need to check in X-Fi control pannel - it is there, no worries :)

Tags
changing, full, mode, resolution, screen