Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   subtitles synchronization (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/11388-subtitles-synchronization.html)

Nasir 29th May 2010 09:55 AM

subtitles synchronization

Hello everybody!
I would like to thank the authors for BS player.
I have searched the forum but I haven’t found the answer to my problem.
I have a serious problem with subtitles which I cannot solve.

From time to time when I play a 1080p or 720p mkv movie on BS player Pro 2.52 b1030 I experience some difficulties.

When I play such a mkv movie with external subtitlesthey lose synchronization. However, there are mkv files with external subtitles which run without problems on BS player .
I don’t know what is wrong. The same movie played on MPC HC and with the SAME subtitles goes without any problems.

Do I need any filter to make it work?

I really like BS player and I wouldn’t like to give it up for MPC HC.
Is there any remedy for my problem?
I will greatly appreciate any comment.
Best Regards

Nasir 30th May 2010 01:15 AM

Can anyone please help me with my problem?

Nasir 30th May 2010 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto (Beitrag 34727)
If the subtitle is the same framerate as the video file then there are 3 explanations:

1. The framerate is not the same (this is valid for 75 % of the subtitles). If the subtitle is in srt format, usually it's not converted correctly. I am sure it's your case from the behavoiur you describe.

2. The subtitle is not for the release you want to use (see upper post about Pukka vs Axxo)

3. The movie you have is different from the subtitle. For example, the movie you have is theatrical version and the subtitle is director's cut.

So, my advice, tell us (if you prefer more privacy use PM) the movie you talk about and the subtitle file ;)

I have a similiar problem. I can exclude all the three explanations in my case.
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Best regards

adicoto 30th May 2010 06:00 AM

I don't have this beta release to test. So, at least, you can upgrade to a newer version and see if the problem still persist.

Nasir 30th May 2010 12:22 PM

Nothing has changed. The newest build hasn't helped.

I followed this thread http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-ta...orrection.html and excluded the possibilities suggested there.

Any help?

ali1992 31st May 2010 12:15 AM

Sorry guys for bothering you again but im trying to add Croatian/Serbian subtitles for two films which are Indigenes and East is East. I have tried downloading bs.player pro off torrent but its all so confuseing even with the registered keys and so on. I need some clairty on exactly how to help adjust the subtitles permanatly. After this i wish to put it all on disk and send it it (along with bs player instalation) to my uncle who is serveing on a ship in south america. Is there anyway possible for a simple way to make the subtitles permenatnly stay in place after correction??

Nasir 31st May 2010 01:15 PM

I have identified the problem but I don't know how to solve it.

The movie is 23,976 fps.
The subtiltles in subtitles workshop show correct times. So they are correct. (they run OK in MPC HC).

The moment the subs go to the BSplayer their display times are changed and as a result they are not synchronized.

What makes things strange is that, the subtitle editor in BS player shows new display times which are appropriate to 25fps.

So, it seems that BS player changes the fps of the subs from 23,976 to 25 while playing this movie.

What can I do to change it?

BSPeter 31st May 2010 02:38 PM

Question by ali1992 is covered several times in this forum already, however...
Quote:

Originally Posted by ali1992 (Beitrag 41932)
.... I have tried downloading bs.player pro off torrent but its all so confuseing even with the registered keys and so on........

...this sounds pretty illegal :angry: ... and you're posting this question on BS.Player's own forum really expecting an answer and some help :omg: ??
:zip:

adicoto 31st May 2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nasir (Beitrag 41936)
I have identified the problem but I don't know how to solve it.

The movie is 23,976 fps.
The subtiltles in subtitles workshop show correct times. So they are correct. (they run OK in MPC HC).

The moment the subs go to the BSplayer their display times are changed and as a result they are not synchronized.

What makes things strange is that, the subtitle editor in BS player shows new display times which are appropriate to 25fps.

So, it seems that BS player changes the fps of the subs from 23,976 to 25 while playing this movie.

What can I do to change it?

Or your splitter incorrectly assumes the file as 25 fps and convert the SRT in 25 fps. In this case, you must change the splitter.
If not, you can convert the srt to a sub using 23,976 fps and play the file, see what's happening.
By the way, what build of BSPlayer are you using ?

adicoto 31st May 2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Sorry guys for bothering you again but im trying to add Croatian/Serbian subtitles for two films which are Indigenes and East is East. I have tried downloading bs.player pro off torrent but its all so confuseing even with the registered keys and so on. I need some clairty on exactly how to help adjust the subtitles permanatly. After this i wish to put it all on disk and send it it (along with bs player instalation) to my uncle who is serveing on a ship in south america. Is there anyway possible for a simple way to make the subtitles permenatnly stay in place after correction??

If you don't have BSPlayer PRO to use it's subtitle editing features, there are still other ways to deal with the problem. You can do 2 things:

1. Search for a subtitle that have the SAME name as the video file (same release, should be synchronised)
2. download a free subtitle editor (Subtitles translator, subtitle workshop...many of them, choose the one you want). Load the subtitle and apply the corrections you did in BSPlayer (add 1-2 seconds or substract 1-2 seconds...you know what you did). Save the new subtitle file. Rename old subtitle and move the new subtitle file in the movie folder, using same name as the video file.

BSPeter 31st May 2010 09:10 PM

@adicoto Didn't you read this?
Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter (Beitrag 41937)
Question by ali1992 is covered several times in this forum already, however...
Quote:

.... I have tried downloading bs.player pro off torrent but its all so confuseing even with the registered keys and so on........

...this sounds pretty illegal :angry: ... and you're posting this question on BS.Player's own forum really expecting an answer and some help :omg: ??
:zip:

adicoto 31st May 2010 11:09 PM

Yes, I did.

That man wants to solve a problem. We told him how to solve it. He didn't have BSPlayer PRO, so he downloaded a pirated version of BSPlayer that contains a subtitle editor to do what we told him. He didn't managed to use it. So he came back here asking for help.
You give him nothing, but a judgement -> you are a thief, I won't help you.
I give him an alternative, don't steal, use something fully legal.

Is it something wrong in that ?

BSPeter 31st May 2010 11:51 PM

We -at max- mentioned that Pro-version has an in-built editor. We surely didn't suggest him to download a pirated Pro-version. To the contrary, in fact the other alternatives were already provided to him earlier! So there was no need whatsoever for him to resort to trying to find a cracked version. (If asked properly and if really need be we could have pointed him to a trial version, but he didn't bother to ask ... and - like I said - there was no need, the other options already been mentioned to him! When would there ever be such need anyhow?)
:sad: