Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19th June 2010
BS.Player Newbie

liznikar is on a distinguished road
Question Rewind and forward

"I think I have had 2.49 and now I have 2.53

box "Seek by keyframes (AVI and MKV files)" is checked
value shown in "Seconds to jump" is 10

1)Default keys for "Fast rewind" resp. "Fast forward" are: [Ctrl]+[F6] resp. [Ctrl]+[F5]
This function only makes video to run faster.
2)Default keys for "Jump backward" resp. "Jump forward" are [,] resp. [.] (comma resp. dot).
This jumps for 10seconds - I am happy with this - it's an old feature and I like it. Nothing to change here.
3)Here is the problem:
Arrow left/right actually are default for "Seek backward" respectively "Seek forward"
In 2.49 when I pressed right arrow it only moved for 1 second(very short time)
In2.59 it goes for min. 4seconds. I can't anymore move the movie for a second further or back.

Anything you need from me to get solution just say.

Also thank you for the help."

Last edited by liznikar; 19th June 2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 19th June 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznikar View Post
Hello! I have a problem with new version of BSplayer. . and , still works for rewind and forward for 10 seconds. The problem is that when i press right arrow the movie goes forward for approximately 4 sec and if i press it fast again it goes forward for even more. It is the same for left arror(rewinding). In the version I had before I think it was 2.49 when pressing right/left the video only moved for like a second - very small gap. I am asking if it is possible to set it up that it could be possible to rewind/forward just for a small gap. Thank you for your help!
New version
being? (Please always mention version and build number!)
If you're using default keys:
Arrow left/right are default for "Seek backward" respectively "Seek forward"
See this thread: play/pause the video frame by frame??
Default keys for "Fast rewind" resp. "Fast forward" are: [Ctrl]+[F6] resp. [Ctrl]+[F5]
Default keys for "Jump backward" resp. "Jump forward" are [,] resp. [.] (comma resp. dot).

In this connection also verify settings under:
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video [General settings]:
(1) Is box "Seek by keyframes (AVI and MKV files)" selected/checked or not? (deselect it)
(2) What value is shown in "Seconds to jump" (at bottom right corner just above "History items to keep")?

P.S.: What function you're actually referring to (Seek ..., Fast..., Jump...)?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 19th June 2010
BS.Player Newbie

I think I have had 2.49 and now I have 2.53 box "Seek by keyframes (AVI and MKV files)" is checked value shown in "Seconds to jump" is 10 1)Default keys for "Fast rewind" resp. "Fast forward" are: [Ctrl]+[F6] resp. [Ctrl]+[F5] This function only makes video to run faster. 2)Default keys for "Jump backward" resp. "Jump forward" are [,] resp. [.] (comma resp. dot). This jumps for 10seconds - I am happy with this - it's an old feature and I like it. Nothing to change here. 3)Here is the problem: Arrow left/right actually are default for "Seek backward" respectively "Seek forward" In 2.49 when I pressed right arrow it only moved for 1 second(very short time) In2.59 it goes for min. 4seconds. I can't anymore move the movie for a second further or back. Anything you need from me to get solution just say. Also thank you for the help.
Old 19th June 2010
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Uncheck seek by keyframes.

As long as this option is enabled, you can't scroll back and forth outside keyframes. And if the file was created with keyframes every 10 secs, you won't be able to move less than 10 secs.
Old 19th June 2010
BS.Player Newbie

it works YEY!!

THANKS!!!
Old 19th June 2010
BS.Player Master

Good that your problem is solved now!
However note, it cannot ever be the intention that you edit (and -in fact- totally change the contents of) your original post to give answers to questions asked in reaction to that original post!
This may cause posts of users trying to help you (and asking you questions and or making suggestions to you) look silly and also confuse other users!

(P.S.: Almost same question & answer in November 2009?)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 15th July 2010
BS.Player Newbie

avi8108 is on a distinguished road
Default second by second seek

hi
I use BS 2.51 (build 1021).
I disabled seek by keyframes, but it still jumps at 2-3 seconds every time and not by 1 second.
I changed the default number to jump at the settings from 10 to 1 as well.

any suggestions?
Old 15th July 2010
BS.Player Master

Video rendering used?
Did you read the posts linked to in the 2nd post of this thread:
play/pause the video frame by frame??

Tags
arrow, forward, rewind