Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 28th July 2003
Junior Member
BS.Player Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
BeeS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is the best codec pack

What is the best codec pack, NIMO, SLD or something else...
It's not a problem I'm just curious.

BeeS
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 28th July 2003
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 125
Rep Power: 0
bond is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

the best codec pack is to get only the codecs you need directly from the developers themself...
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 28th July 2003
Moderator
BS.Player Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Romania
Age: 52
Posts: 5,155
Rep Power: 27
adicoto is on a distinguished road
Default

I agree.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 28th July 2003
Member
BS.player Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Marseille : France
Posts: 33
Rep Power: 0
kurtnoise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

me too :lol:
__________________
Visit the United French Video Forum : http://www.unite-video.com
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 29th July 2003
Quietseb's Avatar
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: back in France...
Posts: 581
Rep Power: 0
Quietseb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

+1 :roll:
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 29th July 2003
Junior Member
BS.Player Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
kye04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I use k-lite codecs and everything works.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 30th July 2003
bscd's Avatar
Member
BS.player Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Finland
Posts: 78
Rep Power: 0
bscd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

K-Lite is the best if you don`t like to search each and every piece one by one from the net.
Havent had a one problems with k-lite ....like did with Nimo.

http://www.k-lite.tk
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 30th July 2003
bscd's Avatar
Member
BS.player Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Finland
Posts: 78
Rep Power: 0
bscd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

....
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 31st July 2003
cjdijk's Avatar
Member
BS.player Regular User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 49
Rep Power: 0
cjdijk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond
the best codec pack is to get only the codecs you need directly from the developers themself...
I agree.
However, I did try Nimo, SLD Codec pack and k-lite codec packs.
But none of them works with all software I am using.
If you are downloading all codecs yourself, you need these: :D

divx_311alpha.exe = Divx3
MPG4VKI.INF (MPG4C32.DLL MPG4DS32.AX) = Microsoft MPEG-4
DivX412Codec.exe = Divx4
DivX.Pro.v5.0.3.exe = Divx5
XviD_Install.exe = Xvid
ac3filter_0_68b.exe = Ac3 sound
DivXAF.0_4.exe = Antifreeze (Divx3)
DivXG400.2_7.exe = Subtitles with MediaPlayer and SubSync
ffdshow-20020617.exe = AntiFreeze (XVid and Divx5)

Download from these locations:
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tools/#Codecs
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divxcodec.html
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 1st August 2003
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 125
Rep Power: 0
bond is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdijk
divx_311alpha.exe = Divx3
yes, you need this

Quote:
MPG4VKI.INF (MPG4C32.DLL MPG4DS32.AX) = Microsoft MPEG-4
no, m$ mpeg-4 codec is the same as divx3.11 (divx3 is the hacked version)

Quote:
DivX412Codec.exe = Divx4
no, divx4 decoding is included in divx5
divx4 encoding is crap

Quote:
DivX.Pro.v5.0.3.exe = Divx5
yes, but the latest stable divx5 version is divx5.0.5

Quote:
XviD_Install.exe = Xvid
always download the latest unstable xvid version from koepis site!

Quote:
ac3filter_0_68b.exe = Ac3 sound
yes, but latest version is 0.69b!

Quote:
DivXAF.0_4.exe = Antifreeze (Divx3)
hell, no

Quote:
DivXG400.2_7.exe = Subtitles with MediaPlayer and SubSync
hell, no
if you want to decode subtitles use gabest latest vsfilter (2.27 at the moment)

Quote:
ffdshow-20020617.exe = AntiFreeze (XVid and Divx5)
maybe
hell, ffdshow has nothing to do with antifreeze :roll: btw there are no freeze frames in xvid or divx5

Quote:
Download from these locations:
i have to repeat myself:
always download only the codecs you need directly from the original developer's sites, period

all the normal user needs is
divx3.11
divx5
xvid
ac3filter
vsfilter
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 3rd August 2003
cjdijk's Avatar
Member
BS.player Regular User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 49
Rep Power: 0
cjdijk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdijk
divx_311alpha.exe = Divx3
yes, you need this

Quote:
MPG4VKI.INF (MPG4C32.DLL MPG4DS32.AX) = Microsoft MPEG-4
no, m$ mpeg-4 codec is the same as divx3.11 (divx3 is the hacked version)

Quote:
DivX412Codec.exe = Divx4
no, divx4 decoding is included in divx5
divx4 encoding is crap

Quote:
DivX.Pro.v5.0.3.exe = Divx5
yes, but the latest stable divx5 version is divx5.0.5

Quote:
XviD_Install.exe = Xvid
always download the latest unstable xvid version from koepis site!

Quote:
ac3filter_0_68b.exe = Ac3 sound
yes, but latest version is 0.69b!

Quote:
DivXAF.0_4.exe = Antifreeze (Divx3)
hell, no

Quote:
DivXG400.2_7.exe = Subtitles with MediaPlayer and SubSync
hell, no
if you want to decode subtitles use gabest latest vsfilter (2.27 at the moment)

Quote:
ffdshow-20020617.exe = AntiFreeze (XVid and Divx5)
maybe
hell, ffdshow has nothing to do with antifreeze :roll: btw there are no freeze frames in xvid or divx5

Quote:
Download from these locations:
i have to repeat myself:
always download only the codecs you need directly from the original developer's sites, period

all the normal user needs is
divx3.11
divx5
xvid
ac3filter
vsfilter
-mpeg-4 codec I need to overwrite the official MS codecs
with these patched/hacked version for some movies.
Divx5 will play them too, but it looks much worse. :shock:

-DivX412Codec.exe I Need this one for easydivx.
and works better for playing Div4 coded divx movies.
Divx5 will play them too, but it looks much worse. :shock:

vsfilter I do not know that one.
DivXG400 works fine with media player and subsync
WITHOUT INTERFEARRING with BSPlayer which plays subtitles by itself.

-ffdshow I know it is not made to prevent freezes, BUT IT DOES. 8)
I do have "Die Another Day" in Xvid format,
which does have some Freezes an some bad frames.
Without ffdshow installed, I have to manually skip some seconds
as soon the movie freezes, while the audio keeps running.
Which is VERY DISTURBING especially when I have some visitors around.
With ffdshow installed, I just see some "artifacts" during a second
as soon this point containing the bad frames appears
but IT KEEPS RUNNING, I do not have to do anything at all. :P

DivXAF.0_4 I think indeed, this one is no longer needed,
as long you have ffdshow installed, which does the same thing,
among other things, but ffdshow does work for all codecs,
not just for divx3.

The rest of your comment is okay,
I did not find any reason to go to newer versions.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 5th September 2003
Bro Bro is offline
Junior Member
BS.player Regular User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
Bro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

but seriously....does really video encoded with DivX 3.11 look bad when played by the DivX 5 filter??
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 9th September 2003
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 125
Rep Power: 0
bond is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro
but seriously....does really video encoded with DivX 3.11 look bad when played by the DivX 5 filter??
hm not that much, but it seems that the latest divx5 version (5.1) has some divx3 playback fixes...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
codec, pack

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20