Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 29th August 2003
BS.Player Newbie

AleksanderForever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How can change display time of subtitles?

:roll:
I don`t know how i can change time display of subtitles.
Sometimes subtitles display only 1-2 s. and it`s imposible to read everything but if I maybe can change this it will be perfect.
Please help if somebody know how to do this but if not maybe this is good idea to make new option in this player.
Old 29th August 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Most subtitles are textbased and can e.g. be edited in Notebook.
Further, there are editors like the one I use (mainly to synchronize, but you can e.g. also edit displaytimes with it, or e.g. change format from .smi to .srt), i.e. Vladimir's "Subsync"
http://users.pandora.be/vlad/subsync/index.htm (it covers Sami, SubRib and MicroDVD subtitle files or .smi, .srt and .sub files)
Another program for this purpose, covering more subtitle formats perhaps is (I personally have no experience with it, as I dont use it):
http://viplay.cs-wuzz.com/english/pa...leworkshop.htm
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 29th August 2003
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Try subtitle editor. It has the option to add time for every line.
Old 30th August 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
Try subtitle editor. It has the option to add time for every line.
Adicoto: both above applications are editors. Subsync has less automated possibilities for the situation as mentioned, so requires more "handy work". According to the information on its homepage the second one (Subtitleworkshop) is perhaps more suited for the particular job in question. It has several "Timing operations"
Quote:
Set delay (positive or negative, time or frames).
Set duration limits (maximum duration and minimum duration).
Adjust subtitles using three possible methods: 1- first and last dialogs, 2- synchronize using two points (linear algorithm) and 3- Adjust to synchronized subtitles.
"Time expander" to expand the final time of certain subtitles under certain conditions.
"Automatic durations" to calculate the duration of subtitles using a simple formula.
FPS Conversion with one click.
"Extend length" to extend the length of selected subtitles to the start time of the next one.
"Read times from file" feature, to fix a subtitle using another subtitle's times.
If the "Subtitle editor" as mentioned by you is a specific application, it would be nice for AleksanderForever if you could perhaps include a link to it, so that he then has three "ready" options to choose from.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
change, display, subtitles, time