Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5th October 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Da_Borgn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cbf file format

Hi,

Where can I find informations on the ".cbf" file format ?

thanks,
Da_Borgn
Old 5th October 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Please see item 7 of Help to Help hereunder.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 5th October 2003
BS.Player Newbie

I've already seen item 7 before posting. Actually, I use Chapmaker to create my cbf files.
What I want is a technical description of the file format. The goal is to access the pictures from an external application other than BSPlayer.
Old 5th October 2003
BS.Player Master

Did you also have a look at the information contained in the manual which you can find (English and French) on Matimott's site?

P.S.:
Found a rather old post, which also may be of interest. (Please note ChapterXtractor is also mentioned (with a link) in item 7 of Help to Help!)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 5th October 2003
BS.Player Newbie

thanks for answering,

No. I didn't find this link on the Matimott's site though :). But that's still not what I want :( unless I miss something, I didn't find any technical description of the file format on this site. I want to be able to read cbf files. i.e. to known what the 1st bit means, the 2nd one means etc.

PS:
I've already tryed a search on the archive (with "cbf" as keyword). ok I note that chapterXtractor is also mentioned in item 7 :) but this soft doesn't deal with cbf files.
Old 5th October 2003
BS.Player Master

Anything of use?
http://www.iucr.org/iucr-top/cif/cbf/imgcif-l/
http://mirrors.rcsb.org/IUCr/iucr-to...dex.html#00083
http://www.esrf.fr/computing/Forum/i...efinition.html
http://arcib.dowling.edu/~BernsteH/s...ples/cif2cbf.c
http://arcib.dowling.edu/~BernsteH/s...onvert_image.c
Old 5th October 2003
BS.Player Newbie

yes, that's what I need ;-). thanks for your help. I thought that cbf was a BSPlayer proprietary file fomat.
Old 6th October 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Well, the Crystallographic Binary File Format seems to have nothing to do with the BSPlayer cbf file format :(

Do you know something about this file format or did you search "cbf file format" on google ?
Old 7th October 2003
BS.Player Master

Maybe it's not a bad idea for you to directly contact matimott, who - being the maker of (i.a.) Chapmaker - perhaps may be able to help you: matimott@hotmail.com.
Old 7th October 2003
BS.Player Newbie

That's what I did.
For those interested, courtesy of Matimott:

CBF File Format

Offset Length
00 4 "BSCF" - Signature
04 4 DWORD - ChpCnt=Number of chapters
08 2 WORD - Image width
0A 2 WORD - Image height
0C ChpCnt*4 ChpCnt DWORDs - Size of each image in bytes
0C+ChpCnt*4 ChpCnt*8 ChpCnt QWORDs - Currently not used, will probably change in future
Follow ChpCnt JPEG images

Tags
cbf, format