Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 17th May 2004
BS.player Regular User

sunnymonday is an unknown quantity at this point
Default im about to give up....

i downloaded this program because a friend told me it was the best to capture video screens. i have not problems in capturing the actual screen size of the video (in a jpg) something i can do with other programs as well, but when i try to use the unique feature for what i downloaded the program, the "what you see" screen capture size, i can only come up with the same screen capture size in which the video came, not the bigger one in which im seeing the video (after enlarging the player screen)

i have searched in this forum and so far ive only found that you should use a non overlay option, something im not quite sure exactly which options involve and should i check. i have tried to play a little with the settings without any success. i dont know what else can i do.

Could please someone who has been successful with the "what you see option" post a detailed summary of the options he/she has checked?

my graphics card is a 3dfx voodoo3 3000D AGP in a W98 system.

Thanks in advance for any help, i have been changing settings for the past 2 hours and really im about to give up..

regards
Old 18th May 2004
BS.player Regular User

no replies at all? i just need one person who has been succesful at capturing screens larger than the original size of the video. if anyone could please post his/her settings at options-preferences-video rendering and whatever other setting i need to make this "what you see" option to work.

thanks in advance.
Old 18th May 2004
BS.Player Power User

xlv600 is an unknown quantity at this point

No overlay means that all overlay modes or left unchecked, is it that complicate?

In overlay mode, the picture is directly written in the video card memory, this is a write only process, so that no application can read it back.
I just tested the feature on one movie in full screen with no overlay and with Shift+P I got a 1280x533 JPG. [Alt+3] tells me it's a 576x240 DivX3 movie (that use YV12 surface).

PS: Maybe it doesn't work on every movies.
For instance I had to check Use-VMR9 to be able to take a screeshot of a DivX5 movie wich surface was "Unknown". Then I could only get a BMP and of the original size.
You have to make you own investigation and test on several movies. I thing that the main concern is the surface used for encoding the video.

TIP: When no overlay is selected, then you can use the [PrtScr] key to take a screenshot or [Alt+PrtScr] to restrict to current window. And paste the picture in your favorite photo editor. If in full screen, you'll have to crop the picture as black stripes will be included.[/i]
Old 18th May 2004
BS.player Regular User

thanks xlv

no its not that complicated to deduce that no checked overlay options meant no overlay, but i wasnt sure about the first two options that dont involve overlay, wait for vertical blank and disable Yv12.

anyway i already have tried your same settings without success so i think could be my video card. in VMR9 mode my pc freezes, and like i said i have played around with different settings but none worked.

thanks for your time but seems theres no solution :?
Old 18th May 2004
BS.player Regular User

at last! using the shift+p i got nothing but using the "printscreen" key i can capture the whole video screen no matter the size.

im using the settings suggested by XLV600. (check the cap posted by him)

hopefully my experience can help others :D

regards

Tags
give