Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 15th July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Function 5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Using video as desktop wallpaper?

I just noticed that if you press D while playing a video, it shifts the video behind the desktop icons and toolbars. Then an idea(:idea:) struck me.

I want to use some soothing looping silent video as my desktop background. All I need to do is set BSplayers priority a bit higher(which can be done from preferences it seems) and find a nice, crisp, looping video.

Also, it would be cool if there is a way to add Bsplayer to startup and set it to start playing the wallpaper-video(which I'm yet to find) and to hide the interface.

Anyone have a good looping video for my purposes? Anyone know how to do the above-mentioned startup thing?

Any help/ideas very much appreciated.
Old 15th July 2004
BS.player Regular User

gircobain is an unknown quantity at this point

You could create a shortcut for playing that file with the switches -deskmode -hide and drag it into the Startup folder
Unfortunately I don't find a switch for repeat
Old 15th July 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gircobain
Unfortunately I don't find a switch for repeat
Maybe you use a skin (for the control panel) which does not show this possibility, but check if it mentions somewhere "Repeat off", "Repeat one", "Repeat all" or "Random". If you click on this text repeatedly you will cycle through the repeat-possibilities as mentioned by me.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 15th July 2004
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Maybe you use a skin (for the control panel) which does not show this possibility, but check if it mentions somewhere "Repeat off", "Repeat one", "Repeat all" or "Random". If you click on this text repeatedly you will cycle through the repeat-possibilities as mentioned by me.
Yes, I do know about that, BSPeter, but Function 5 wants to do it at startup and automatically, therefore it would be needed a command line switch for setting proper repeat mode
Old 16th July 2004
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gircobain
Yes, I do know about that, BSPeter, but Function 5 wants to do it at startup and automatically
If you exit BSPlayer in e.g. "Repeat one"-mode, it will still be in this mode the next time it starts-up.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 16th July 2004
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
If you exit BSPlayer in e.g. "Repeat one"-mode, it will still be in this mode the next time it starts-up.
I thought of it too
But you cannot guarantee that unless the system remains untouched, i.e., no one uses BSPlayer for anything else
Perhaps we could have a -repeat switch implemented in the next build of BSPlayer? ;)
Old 16th July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Function 5 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have tried to apply the said switches, but to no avail. I am unable to begin playback of a video file on startup too.

The shortcut I'm currently using is as follows: C:\Webteh\Bsplayer\Bsplayer.exe -deskmode -hide

This doesn't seem to do a thing. Maybe it is because I've failed set the shortcut to open a file at the same time?

I also noticed some .xml files at the Bsplayer folder that seem to dictate how the player is set up at startup. Also, I found some information about setting up a .ini file for Bsplayer in the /docs folder, but it applies to cds and I have no idea if it is possible use the .ini file in this case and how to use them in the first place. I'm guessing the .ini files have something to do with auto running cds, but the documentation is very scarce.

In short, I'm totally lost. 8)
Old 16th July 2004
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Function 5
The shortcut I'm currently using is as follows: C:\Webteh\Bsplayer\Bsplayer.exe -deskmode -hide
This doesn't seem to do a thing. Maybe it is because I've failed set the shortcut to open a file at the same time?
Check settings under General (rightclick > Options > Preferences > General) of "Autoplay" respectively "Remember last movie position"; if not selected try with these options checked. (First start the chosen movie manually; then exit and try the command line)

Tags
desktop, video, wallpaper