Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25th July 2004
BS.Guest

Default Need help with remember movie window size

I've searched earlier threads in the forum but couldn't really find a solution for my problem so here it goes.

I'm using TVTool and whenever I switch to TV mode with 800x600 fullscreen and put on a movie few centimeters of the actually image is outside of the tv borders so I've been using resize and move to center it on the tv screen.

Now I would like the player to remember the settings so I don't have to move and resize each time I watch a movie. This has been working for in version 0.85.xxx and I've tried to upgrade the player like 5+ times but I can't get this "effect" to work with newer versions of the player.

Now I have downloaded the newest version 1.0 build 810 and I've moved and resized the movie window and if I open another movie with the same resolution it works like a charm until I close the player and start it again. (Then I have to do the move / resize all over again.)

So I guess my question is have I forgot to tick some other option besides remember movie window size? Where is the information stored about the resolutions and the positions?

Thanks,

-- Rascal
Old 27th July 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Check under
rightclick > Options > Preferences > General
(Remember movie settings)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 28th July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Rascal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Check under
rightclick > Options > Preferences > General
(Remember movie settings)
Thanks, I'm aware of the option but I can't get it to work properly. It only worked while I had bsplayer open but not after I close it. After playing around a bit with a settings I can't even get it to remember that much, I tried to clear settings but it didn't seem to help. Now when I open movie play it and move screen to right place, then close the file and open the same movie again it doens't remember even though the option is checked.

So I was wondering if I should check some other options aswell to get the behavior mentioned in my first post?
Old 29th July 2004
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal
Now when I open movie play it and move screen to right place, then close the file and open the same movie again it doens't remember even though the option is checked.
To be sure that we understand each other correctly: that option is covered by "Remember last movie position" (and not by "Remember movie settings").
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 29th July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
To be sure that we understand each other correctly: that option is covered by "Remember last movie position" (and not by "Remember movie settings").
Sorry for being unclear. No that's not the option I had in mind. "Remember movie window size" is the one I want working to begin with. So if I open one movie with resolution of 512x384 and then another one with the same resolution, I want the movie window to be the same size for the second movie aswell.
But, I would also want the window to be at the same position. (So I don't need to use numpad to move the window)

But now I just realized something, does these options cover Fullscreen mode aswell or only BSPlayer in windowed mode? I'm running in fullscreen mode.
Old 29th July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

I thought I'd try to explain once more what I would like to do. My first post is a bit unclear and since I don't know all the corrects words for things I want to do. But here goes another explanation...

So I have my movie in fullscreen but both sides and top of the picture is outside the TV visible area. I resize and move the picture to get it to correct position and size. I don't want to stretch the picture, I want to keep the aspect ratio. So when I resize there are no black bars on the side but sometimes black bars on the top. (I don't mind those but I want the picture to be as wide as the tv screen.)

And what I would like is BSPlayer to remember based on resolution where the picture should be on my TV and how big it should be.

I hope I could express myself a bit clearer..

Thanks for the replies,

// Rascal
Old 29th July 2004
BS.Player Master

OK I think I understand now and have meanwhile done some tests.
"Remember movie settings" apparently does indeed not remember horizontal and vertical re-positioning of the screen (as done in full screen mode using the 4/6/8/2-keys of the numeric keypad).
However pan&scan settings of a movie are remembered (at least for that particular movie)!!
(for pan&scan in full screen use [+] and/or [-] keys of numeric keypad.)

So unfortunately this does not entirely work as you wish it, i.e. "if I open one movie with resolution of 512x384 and then another one with the same resolution, I want the movie window to be the same size for the second movie as well." In this connection (and though I realize it neither is what you're looking for) I mention another somewhat related possibilty, which is a feature of playlist:
if you have a movie consisting of 2 parts (or even different movies but with the same resolution) and you want to watch these movies after each other:
  1. load the movies in playlist
  2. make sure the order in which you want to see them is correct
  3. move mousepointer to second movie and select by singleclick;
    then select (in the right hand column) "As previous" for both "Aspect" and "Pan-scan" (repeat this nr 3 for any further movie)
  4. select the first movie of the playlist and start it (e.g. by double-clicking on it)
  5. set your (first)movie as you like it (also in full screen by using 4/6/8/2/-keys of numeric keypad for horizontal and/or vertical repositioning)
  6. as soon as the first movie is finished the next movie from the file list will continue with the same settings.
Old 29th July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Thanks for the playlist tip! I will try to play around a bit with it.

One more stupid question but what exactly is the difference between Pan&Scan, Resize and Zoom?
Old 29th July 2004
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like you already
try to play around a bit with it.

Tags
movie, remember, size